Not a nova

-
my cars been called a Nova,even a Torino,lol.
But on a cool note,I was at a gas station and a kid,not more than 16 said "Hey,cool DUSTER!!"I was like whoa!!lol

C'mon take it on the chin....Mudstains, Novers....Mopars...muscle cars are all cool..... get angry when they call it "a piece of ****" from the passenger seat of a shrine circus decorated rice burning buzz box with a blue bottle in the back window.... THEN you have something to twist your pantys up...... as long as its "COOL" you are good! younger folks, geekozoids and sheltered types likely would not know a Super B from a Packard..... COOL is COOL all good!!

X2...i get alot of hey nice my grandparents had one of those. slant 6 right? apearantly a 4dr cant have a v8lol:munky2:

Ha ha ha thats funny the same thing happened yesterday some guy asked me if it was a nova or a dodge i was working on...

at our recent downtown show, i was walking through with my wife. Sitting there with the owner and his wife behind it was a 69 396 nova. I walked around as usual checking it out, stuck my head in the open window, turned to my wife and said "this duster is gorgeous! I used to have the exact same one years ago, except it had a 440 and was yellow."

grant
ha ha ha thats a good one...=d>

don't act like mistaken identity doesn't happen with bowties to.

My daily driver is a 68 camaro (albeit painted plum crazy purple) and I'm constantly asked about my mustang.... or the odd few times where I'm asked if that's a "70 something" barracuda or challenger.

pretty bad for a cookie cutter car to be called the wrong name (disclaimer, even tho I clock 25,000+ miles anually in the car, I see at the most 3 or 4 other 60's or 70's camaros on the road a year UNLESS I'm going to a car show or swap meet.... then does that really count?)

Dusters and novas do not even look alike!!!!!!!

You are kidding, right?

The profile of a Duster/Demon/Dart Sport has more than just a passing resembalance to a 68-7x Nova. I am quite sure Mopar was very much influenced by the Nova design when they penned the Duster/Demon/Dart Sport.

Considering that there were likely 100x more Nova's built than Duster/Demon/Dart Sport's its quite natural for folks to make that mistake.

I am more amazed by people that I wouldn't expect to be car people coming up to me to tell me that they love my Barracuda and then ask if its a 67,68 or 69. They actually know what it is and the year range.

Ditto, had my '68 Ford Galaxie called a Charger by a cop! He actually gave me a little grief at first about the paperwork not matching up. Who can afford a freakibg '69 Charger?

You are kidding, right?

The profile of a Duster/Demon/Dart Sport has more than just a passing resembalance to a 68-7x Nova. I am quite sure Mopar was very much influenced by the Nova design when they penned the Duster/Demon/Dart Sport.

Considering that there were likely 100x more Nova's built than Duster/Demon/Dart Sport's its quite natural for folks to make that mistake.

I am more amazed by people that I wouldn't expect to be car people coming up to me to tell me that they love my Barracuda and then ask if its a 67,68 or 69. They actually know what it is and the year range.

they actualy did designe the dusters after the novas unfortuanantly its all in compitetion who can build the better of the same (clearly mopar!!) they do it now adays but like everybody is saying just somebody noticing your car weither they cal it a duster of a vw... its a compliment none the less:-D

My license plate to my 1972 Pontiac ventura

0fe2_12.jpg

ya ok here ya go duster and novas dont look alike? hahahahha

duster nova volare nova im so confused

Things like this make me really excited to shave all of the emblems off of the rampage. I am going to have a bag of candy with me at shows and a sign saying "Guess the car, win candy"

Today I was working on my barracuda when a guy drove past backed up and pulled into my driveway. I walked up to him thinking wtf are you doing in my driveway.He said "what you doing to that old tempest? I love those cars!" I laughed and said you must not love them too much because thats a barracuda, he just drive away.

The antidote to this Tom Foolery is to drive such a dilapidated piece of junk that no one even wants to approach you. My Duster is butt ugly, but nobody has ever mistaken it for anything other than a POS. And I put on between 250 - 300 miles per week.

There is some funny stuff here!! One time while parked in my 70 Road Runner, a guy walks up to me and asks why I didnt paint it orange? I said why orange? He said he owned a charger just like mine, and it would be cool to have a big 01 on the doors.LOL.....I said ahh, this aint no Charger, and he said yes it is........LOL I had to laugh!!
Andrew/Kidd

It's pretty bad when someone CLAIMS to have OWNED the same car, and doesn't get it right. I got into it with a guy once who swore my '67 Dart was a '68. He was telling ME (guy who held the registration) I was wrong.

I had a guy say "nive nova" when he saw my 70 Dart. A Duster does look a little like a nova, not much but a little. A Dart don't look any thing like a nova. I have also hered "nice superbee"

yeah i get what your saying as far as the shape of the 71ish nova and duster could be mixed up from far away... but google up a picture of a 1966 nova and i can see how someone could mix it up with a dart as they did have somewhat a dart shape back then ....kinda.......

did i just say that*???** LOL

i hate to admit but it has happened to me driving arrround in my car and looking far away towards tree lines and at the end of some fields and see a car and think could that be a duster?? and then id get there to find a nova dam it lol

(FROM EXTREMELY FAR AWAY OK!)

The car that really stumped everyone was my 66 Chargers.No one ever new what the hell they were.

-
Back