Not an A body but I allways wanted a T/A

-
I really like it. Great mods. Every time I see someone post pics of their new Challenger I realize how much I like them. I even like the Chargers. I still kick myself for not buying a 5,000 mile blue '08 Super Bee for $15k less than sticker. I don't even mind the 4 door part, my daily beater is a 4 door '67 Polara.
I just wish they would build a convertible Challenger. I would sell every old car I own to buy one.
Dallas

I really like it. Great mods. Every time I see someone post pics of their new Challenger I realize how much I like them. I even like the Chargers. I still kick myself for not buying a 5,000 mile blue '08 Super Bee for $15k less than sticker. I don't even mind the 4 door part, my daily beater is a 4 door '67 Polara.
I just wish they would build a convertible Challenger. I would sell every old car I own to buy one.
Dallas

'08 super bee..lol..

Dallas

Here you go.....
http://www.mrnormsgarage.com/vehicles/67.html

Attachments

• 2009-Mr-Norms-426-Hemi-Challenger-Convertible-Front-Angle-1280x960.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 154
  • 2009-Mr-Norms-426-Hemi-Challenger-Convertible-Interior-1280x960.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 163
  • 2009-Mr-Norms-426-Hemi-Challenger-Convertible-Engine-Compartment-1280x960.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 162
Can you imagine livin' next door to Mr. Norm's.............Jeepers..........

I love the Cuda conversions too.......Man, that's just plain Mopar. :burnout:

Nice car!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sure its alot of fun to drive,,gets good mileage, gets plenty of looks, and YOUR happy
thats what matters!!

You should have gotten the R/T Classic then just changed the stripe and added the hood. The displacement of the new Hemi is only five more CI than the old T/A.

I said I was willing to sell all of my old cars for a 'vert, not all my cars plus the house! LOL I would have to win the lottery to be able to buy one of those. :iconbigg:
If they were available I would do like harleydodge1 did and buy a base model and modify it to my taste.
Dallas

The prices absolutely slay me but for 20 G's for the red one he got just want he wanted, a new fiat I mean challenger and it is beautiful.

to each his own, except at FABO

Very nice mods you've made. Tells us what you did. Hood? Where? What?. Stripe? Where? Give us some details so we dont waste our time looking. You've done the leg work and we appriciate it.
Dallas. I did check into the Mr Norms Cuda Conv. The price that came up on the one posted here i believe is way off. Base being $24,000? I'm having a hardtime with that. I've been emailing Tim at Mr Norms back and forth. They state the new one can be had with 900 HP but not in the ragtop conversion. They feel the ragtop will only handle 750 HP do to necessary frame mods. To change from a factory color the cost is an additional $7000. No limit on color options or interiors. It's your money and you can spend all that you want to. The price i've been quoted was in the ballpark of $135,000. You would take delivery in Ill. I saw one go over the block at B/J for $85,000. I wanted to go this year but things didn't materialize. 750 HP with todays tech would be bad ***. I ask about the color in black with a tan interior and tan top. Flat black side billboards. Rims? not decided yet. Win that power ball Dallas.

Thanks for all the great feedback. I would haved loved to buy a RT six speed but the budget just wasn't there. Besides it would have left the project budget dry. Small block wanted a little more info so here goes.
Like I said I bought a plane jane SE. Then I added tinted windows, fog lights, chrome gas door and Gowing from Mopar. Next up I bought a T/A stripe off Ebay but I understand that there is a vendor on this site that can do the same, I just didn,t know that at the time. Please support the venders on this site. So the 70 T/As had the exhaust coming out in front of the rear wheels and that is what I wanted to do. But it is not doable as the fuel tank is located in front of the rear wheels ( it is doable but very costly as you would have to have heat shields over the exhaust). So I cut a hole in the lower valance behind the rear wheels and had dual exhaust installed. Sounds pretty nice, not a 6 cylinder sound. You can see the pipes if you look close behind the rear wheels.
Then I added the Boss wheels and the hood. The hood is a Mopar piece and is a steel hood with the scoop. Next i painted the hood black with a flatting agent in the clear. The real question was was I going to paint the header panel in front of the hood to make it look right. As you can see I did. Must be crazy to cut and paint on a brand new car. All in all I have spent about $2,500 more on the car to get to this stage. I saved a lot of dough being able to do all the work myself. I still need to add the rear window louvers that I have and lower it a little.
Again thaks for the feedback. Not all of it is postive but I like that also. This is not everyones car. I am very happy with the way it turned out and sometimes we just like to brag on ourselves.
100_0598.jpg

100_0590.jpg

Dallas. I did check into the Mr Norms Cuda Conv. The price that came up on the one posted here i believe is way off.The price i've been quoted was in the ballpark of $135,000

What...for that kind of money you can buy a "real" one ie: '70-'71 which will appreciate in value,unlike any of the things their making now...

i remember reading the average cost of getting a convert made was 10k if you used your car. i was between doing this to a rt, or buying a srt8. i'll see if i can find a link and post it

I think the $24,*** Small Block mentioned was the price of the convertible conversion PLUS the cost of the car! I'm would guess the Mr.Norms name will carry a premium also compared to other conversion companies. (And it may be worth it if you can afford it. Some of the conversions don't look as 'factory'.)

harleydodge1, I had forgotten about the rear window louvers being available. They will be the icing on the cake, so to speak. Now you've got me thinking I might be able to live with a sunroof car with the rear window louvers. LOL
Dallas

What bothers me about new cars are the RFID chips as well as the computers. Living free is what this country was all about, so I guess my vehicles will remain 20 years old or older and although I have two with computers, they were dialed to correct the invasive behaviors of others while still powering something you're proud of. It will be hard not to have RFID chips in or on my vehicles but at least no one will be able to shut it down as shown in the many documentary's I've seen on the Discovery channel

Not to hijack a thread,but hotlines you mean their is a chip in the computer big brother can control. Thats what I always hated about GM with Onstar.

-
Back