Not an A body guy, but . . . Floor pan question

-

RT Daddy

Reaction score
Another Mopar buddy stopped by the shop, he just got a 66 Valiant that needs a floor pan. Apparently there's not one specific to the 66. anyone know of what other floor pan might work? He was told by someone a 67 would work but might require some trimming. I know that there was a major change from 66 to 67. Any words of advice/wisdom are appreciated.

RT

Welcome from West Virginia........................ lots of knowledge and great info here. I am sure someone will be along to answer your question.:thumbsup:

Welcome from West Virginia........................ lots of knowledge and great info here. I am sure someone will be along to answer your question.:thumbsup:
Thank you sir, you anywhere new Mann or Welch? Have good friends from both of those areas.

Can possibly use these repair panels to custom fit to your '66.

Saving the tunnel structure so you are not taking the backbone out of the car as you are working on it.

One side at a time on the fronts. Rears would be easier to fabricate up if need be.

Screenshot_20240428-102551_Firefox.jpg

20240428_102734.jpg

Yes, the price of parts has gone up.

☆☆☆☆☆

Does the 66 Valiant need a full floor pan or just patches? Auto Body Specialties has all 4 patches for early A bodies such as the 66 Valiant. Several years ago, someone on here used an AMD full floor pan from a 67 - 76 A body in an early A, but it took a lot of work to get the middle of the pan where the top of the transmission hump is, to match up to the firewall. Sides needed to be trimmed off a little if I recall, but he said that was easy.

-
Back