not another cam question!!

-
Remember what we talked about and the raised area of your current dished pistons. That's going to be the interference point for the valves on any long duration, higher lift camshaft.

Yeah I remember. The valves would hit the piston edges.. in order to get the kb107 do I have to balance the crank or anything like that?

Unless the KB's are going to be exactly the same weight and your current assembly is balanced, yes I'd suggest getting it balanced with a piston change.

A little off topic, but you mentioned that you're plannng to run the NOS Powershot kit? That kit is factory calibrated to run a 125 shot and is not adjustable. If you want to be able to run a 100 or 150 shot you need the Super Powershot kit that has the adjustable jets.

Edit: LOL, just realized I fat fingered "powershot". Wasn't trying to knock the kit.

A little off topic, but you mentioned that you're plannng to run the NOS Powershit kit? That kit is factory calibrated to run a 125 shot and is not adjustable. If you want to be able to run a 100 or 150 shot you need the Super Powershot kit that has the adjustable jets.

Yes powershot kit ... I know its non adjustable and your correct its a 125 I thought it was a 150.. thanks

So its been awhile. I have gotten a few stuff done recently. I have the motor bottom end buttened up and I finally got my engine bay painted ...

For a street/strip car I like to build the engine/pick a cam to run hard n/a and just up the shot if I need to make up some power.A truly nitrous built engine can feel a bit lazy on the street,and I would get a digital e curve distributor if you can.

For a steet/strip car I like to build the engine/pick a cam to run hard n/a and just up the shot if I need to make up some power.A truly nitrous built engine can feel a bit lazy on the street,and I would get a digital e curve distributor if you can.

Yes thats the plan its a n.a. build, then adding the juice for a little extra..

I went ahead and ordered the comp xs282s I should have the engine and trans in the car in about two weeks

Thats a good cam imo,and your car does look sweet!,I went with the new go-man-go mopar color on mine,cannot go wrong with any orange imo.

-
Back