Not everyone's cup of tea. 71 Demon

-

Dragger40

POZEST!
Reaction score
But I like it.
Myself and a friend of mine started building this car during our free time right after Christmas 2013. We decided we would build a car to sell. The more I look at the car now the less I want to sell it.
I figured it was time to share it and see if anybody else had the same warped taste as me.

As cool as the car looks here in yellow, it wasn't a peach. The car was a factory green slant six with 3 on the floor and it was VERY rusty.

View attachment IMG_3518.jpg

View attachment 20140112_101330.jpg

View attachment 20140112_101235.jpg

This is what the car looks like at the moment.
The car has had the gas cap shaved, cowl vents smoothed, custom dash, custom air dam/ splitter, bumpers shaved, custom console (in the making) springs relocated and mini tubbed.

The car has a strong 360 and 4 speed and 4 wheel disc brakes these days. If we could afford it, it would have a late model Hemi,6 speed and a Hemi Dennys K member.

We still have a ways to go and we only work on it on the weekends.

Feel free to critique, I have big shoulders, I can take it.

BTW. I'm looking for rally mirrors for this car. I know I can buy them new but I'm trying to keep the cost down.

View attachment 20150126_132242.jpg

View attachment 20150127_115808.jpg

View attachment 20141227_100025.jpg

View attachment 20141228_165317.jpg

View attachment 20141228_154338.jpg

The color is Key Slime green pearl.
The air dam was something we threw together with some sheet metal and the lower valance.
I thought that the pro-touring look would help it sell so this is what we came up with. The splitters are 1/4" aluminum and a piano type hinge. We thought it would look cool being split..... I've never seen that before. If Camaro can have a split bumper we can have a split splitter. LOL
The rear wheel openings were widened 1" so the 20" wheels would have plenty of room for travel.
The dash gives you an idea of the color outside.
We measured the gas tank in my 64 fury and it worked great for the rear fill fuel door.

View attachment 20141005_094215.jpg

View attachment 20140315_174850.jpg

View attachment 20140322_152455.jpg

View attachment 20140907_152949.jpg

Nice dash! Looks close to snakeskin green for the vipers. I would have had to yell at you!! Snakeskin is my color!!!! LOL:protest:

BTW, that thing is right up my alley!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait til you see mine!

I love snakeskin green. Seeing it up close and personal is even better!

Our color was just something we found in the paint chip book and we thought in looked cool.

thats quite the transformation not what i was expecting when i scrolled down but it looks cool! i like your creativity. awesome color!

Cool car. I dig the front air dam but may hang too low and get ripped off.

BTW, that thing is right up my alley!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait til you see mine!

I just looked at your fastback build. I can tell by that and you other work..... she's gonna be a mean beeotch!

Thanks for the complements guys, it tells me at least somebody is as adventurous us us.

I just looked at your fastback build. I can tell by that and you other work..... she's gonna be a mean beeotch!

Thanks for the complements guys, it tells me at least somebody is as adventurous us us.

Might have to get together and compare greens.:glasses7:

That looks good, too many stock ones anymore.

I think for those size rims/tires to look right on these old cars, the wheel wells have to be made larger., like you did. as someone said other day, the stylist designed these old cars fore 14-15 in rims and the tires of yesteryear,
I applaude your design, creativity, and workmanship. yes I like the color too (maybe not the cost of the paint thought!???) LOL
if you do sell, he pro tour crowd would be your most likely audience i'd say. keep us posted.

I wonder what that front lip would do to a raccoon trying to cross in front of you ?

other then the bumpers being painted over and the fooze wheels I like it
but I really like seeing the workmanship going into it

is it too late to repaint it EL5?

-
Back