Not getting WOT

-

Sweetjones

Reaction score
When I push the peddle to the floor the carb isn't fully opening. I have the stock cable and stock mounting bracket and a quickfuel carb. Is there any way to adjust the cable or is there a different way of mounting it to the carb itself?

I had the same prblem. A lokar cable and mount solved my issues.

Basically you just move the cable mounting point at the linkage to get the geometry you want.
I did it with my engine for the throttle and throttle pressure for the trans both by making an aluminum disc with slots in it so the pivot points could be moved to wherever I wanted them to be.
It was in process of being built here.

SANY0011.JPG

mounting bracket from a 4 barrel set up or 2 barrel set up?

I got 3 QFT carbs with stock cable and brackets...

can you slide the cable back in the bracket?

Do you have carpet in your car? Some carpet has real thick padding or a bulge that interferes.

Your stud for the cable is mounted too far from the pivot, which limits your travel. You need to get it lower/closer to the pivot as suggested.

Look at the last two posts above to see how it is supposed to be with the proper adapter bracket for the chrysler...

krazy...your 2nd pic is perfect for illustrating this problem. I'm saving a copy to use for future posts!:thumbsup:

krazy...your 2nd pic is perfect for illustrating this problem. I'm saving a copy to use for future posts!:thumbsup:

No problem... :D

You did yours correctly, but your picture is not close up enough to show the details...

I took the picture with this problem in mind so we can show how it is supposed to go.

Holy cow. :D
Probably not going to have a throttle cable to worry about before long.

image.jpeg

No problem... :D

You did yours correctly, but your picture is not close up enough to show the details...

I took the picture with this problem in mind so we can show how it is supposed to go.
That wasn't mine...just one I stole off Google Images.

Thanks everyone for the input. I bought a new stud to mount the cable to the carb and moved it to a lower hole on the arm. Dunno if I'm getting 100% open throttle but it's close enough for me!

-
Back