Not happy Paul’s Chrome Plating.

-
A few months ago I sent out some pot metal belt trim parts from my 270 Dart. The company I sent them to tried 2 times to get a good coat of powder coat on them but the pot metal would out gas and the job was not acceptable. They called to say that they couldnt successfully do these parts and there was no charge for their efforts. I would have expected the same here on your parts. Im sure its not the first time they have run into parts that were to far gone and once they see that they should have called and let you know.
Rod

A few months ago I sent out some pot metal belt trim parts from my 270 Dart. The company I sent them to tried 2 times to get a good coat of powder coat on them but the pot metal would out gas and the job was not acceptable. They called to say that they couldnt successfully do these parts and there was no charge for their efforts. I would have expected the same here on your parts. Im sure its not the first time they have run into parts that were to far gone and once they see that they should have called and let you know.
Rod

There's a disconnect between the customers and Paul's expectations for the chrome restoration of this part.

Installed with lens and gasket, its possible no rough lumps will very close to seen parts from the outside. I don't see any loss of definition of seen exterior edges that can happen with low level pot metal plate jobs.

Last edited:
I have never sued anyone but I think I would call a lawyer for that!
That has to be the worst job I have ever seen.
Call a lawyer, and spend another grand. It is a damn shame.....work like that. All you wanted was a professional job done by a professional. Was what you wanted clearly defined, or should they know better? Those photos should scare the bejesus out of all of us. Best not enter into a show car competition after spending near a grand? Shamefully done....I sure will not go to them. Old Dart 66

Maybe I’m overreacting but I wasn’t pleasantly surprised when I opened my packing for my 67 Dart backup light bezels that I had redone by Paul’s Chrome in PA. I now they aren’t the cheapest but I’ve heard they do great quality so I figured spend the extra and get the best. Well if this is the best I’d like to see the worst? Take a look at the pictures I have included and the price they charged me on the invoice. It looks like they took the springs out of the socket that hold the light bulb in removed the wiring maybe cleaned a little and just went through the chroming process without any metal repair. I mean look at the outside of these bezels and even inside where the lens sits on two of them. WTF? What would you guys do. Ask for a good amount of the money back? Have them redo them and show them the pics and why I’m displeased? I’m at a loss. Can’t believe it.
Carl

View attachment 1715122869

View attachment 1715122870

View attachment 1715122871

View attachment 1715122872

View attachment 1715122873

View attachment 1715122874
Gotta tell you, you have my deepest sympathy. Yes, sympathy. Seeing work like that makes a person feel like a good friend just died. These Old Great Mopars are like friends to us, and work like that would be like burying that friend in his worst looking and worst fitting suit. Shameful. Old Dart 66

-
Back