NOT LEGENDARY BUT..................

-

CFD244

"I LOST MY ID IN A FLOOD"
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Close enough for me! 1971 Demon seats done custom by a local guy. Pretty impressed with his work. Turns out he can do glass and all things interior.......

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

3 weeks and less money.
I tried to find a local place to get mine done and they wanted 2k just to start and 5-6 months.... i ended up buying a set of "decent" seats, luckily in the right color for 900... sadly 4 door seats i am praying the rear seat fits, i haven't tried it yet

For mine I was thinking of buying a used industrial sewing machine and try doing it myself.

For mine I was thinking of buying a used industrial sewing machine and try doing it myself.
That was going to be my next step... i gave up and just bought the ones i got.. Scott on cold war motors has videos of him making seats for his 60 fury..

If you have the original covers even tore up you can just use them as a pattern.. wouldn't be too bad

I have a complete Legendary interior yet to be installed for my ‘65 Dart GT convertible. Carpet, kick panels, front buckets and back seats, as well as a new boot for the top. Two local upholstery shops wanted $2500-$2800 to install the interior, or just $1000 to do the buckets. Seemed a little high to me. Still looking for someone to do it. One of the problems we have in Lake Havasu is that many SoCal high-dollar rodders retire here with their $150-250k and up cars. Not to mention the boat manufacturers, private jet guys, etc. What would be a reasonable figure for getting this done, without traveling south of the border. We’re heading north for the summer soon, and I plan to look around in the Flagstaff to Verde Valley area for someone to do it.

I have a complete Legendary interior yet to be installed for my ‘65 Dart GT convertible. Carpet, kick panels, front buckets and back seats, as well as a new boot for the top. Two local upholstery shops wanted $2500-$2800 to install the interior, or just $1000 to do the buckets. Seemed a little high to me. Still looking for someone to do it. One of the problems we have in Lake Havasu is that many SoCal high-dollar rodders retire here with their $150-250k and up cars. Not to mention the boat manufacturers, private jet guys, etc. What would be a reasonable figure for getting this done, without traveling south of the border. We’re heading north for the summer soon, and I plan to look around in the Flagstaff to Verde Valley area for someone to do it.
why not install it yourself?

I’ve thought about it. It’s just something I’d like to farm out so I can devote more time to my other car. I’m willing to spend some money, but what they want locally just seems high. The videos on how to do it are pretty good. The buckets are the worst part. I plan to do everything else, and maybe the back seat.

I agree with @Icetech. Do it yourself. I have done several pairs of bucket seats and some back seats. It is pretty easy.

I’ve thought about it. It’s just something I’d like to farm out so I can devote more time to my other car. I’m willing to spend some money, but what they want locally just seems high. The videos on how to do it are pretty good. The buckets are the worst part. I plan to do everything else, and maybe the back seat.
Hey azaustin,

Its not that hard , you just have to take your time.

Some suggestions if you decide to do it yourself.

1. leave the covers out in the sun for a bit to soften them up.

2. Use some plastic over the foam and slide the covers over the plastic. (got this trick from a professional installer...works great!)

3. be sure to clean and paint the frames. I used Por -15.

Here's pics of mine and how they turned out with help from Legendary You Tube videos.

Cheers!!

1715781454565.png

1715781494291.png

1715781546723.png

1715781623624.png

Last edited:
-
Back