NOT MINE 1968 BO29 Hemi Cuda (supposedly) the real deal - $200,000

-

Timothy Griffin

Looking for a 68 Barracuda or 70 Challenger
Reaction score
Disclaimer - not my car, I just found the post online and am sharing it here before it goes to another home.
All the info on it can be found here on Craigslist. In PA for $200K asking price.
1968 plymouth barracuda for sale by owner - Levittown, PA - craigslist

BO29.jpg

Been for sale for years now. I don't remember the pricing or if it has changed.

Seems like he has all the history and it looks in great condition, wonder why it doesn't sell.

This is a real car. All history from day one. Its has been for sale for awhile. I think he was asking 250.00. With this history and knowing its a real car unlike some of these cars I believe its worth every penny.

I can see being a tougher sell. It's not streetable. It's not in race trim. Sounds that it's not the original engine from the car?

Selling just on its history alone, I believe, limits the clientele. Thus tougher sell.

It may be a well-known original car, but it’s just so far off from original condition. I think if it looked a lot more like it did coming off the assembly line, he could easily pull what he’s asking for and more.

Its a factory drag car with history.
Original engine? really?
Owner says it is a conversation piece for shows. Cool piece though. The $$ guys that play with such, know what it is worth and it has not sold. That tells you something about its current fair market value.

Its a factory drag car with history.
Original engine? really?
Owner says it is a conversation piece for shows. Cool piece though. The $$ guys that play with such, know what it is worth and it has not sold. That tells you something about its current fair market value.
I don’t see anything in his post about the engine being the original. All I see is that he says it’s been rebuilt.

You have to be very careful with these cars as I have learned a lot after helping my friend Tony with his BO29. Slo - Motion has a lot of originality to it. I thought I knew a lot about these cars, boy was it an eye opener when I dove in the deep end. So please do not have key board muscles with out knowing this world.

0575F0C4-2BC3-409B-90F3-1EC8D47E28A8.jpeg

Last edited:
I don’t see anything in his post about the engine being the original. All I see is that he says it’s been rebuilt.

I never said the seller said it was original. He just aid would not be a competive car today. Maybe detuned or just a stock Hemi. Don't know don't car, the next owner will just care. Another member here said it probably did not still have the original engine. Well duh! How man SS hemi car still have the original engine! That is what I was just saying. Just yapping.
Carry on.

Sign of the times. Resto makes it too expensive, updates make it too expensive, correct is also subjective....
You'd have to like it for what it is.

I'm sure there is a collector out there with serious coin to spend, and add.

There always are.

Sign of the times. Resto makes it too expensive, updates make it too expensive, correct is also subjective....
You'd have to like it for what it is.
Chuck Comella was in the same situation with his Dart 25 years ago. His son wanted to race, so they updated and do well with it.

Y’all getting the floor sloppy with your drooling. I disagree with your valuations. Never heard of that car, no name recognition like “red light bandit”. Back in the day did it win any national events? What dealership sold the car and to who? Most of all, it’s condition and originality.

and it was a FAKE
If it came out of the S&M stable and was the car Ronnie toured with in the 90’s, it was done just like the original. How do I know? I asked Ronnie and he told me so.

Seen the car, up close a few years back. Met Clayton Wright, the original owner. Car is legit. Also have seen it race at Englishtown at the Mopar Atlantic Nationals about 35 years ago. The car was parked in a garage 5 minutes from my house in Fairless Hills, Pa. I have not looked at it (Numbers wise) really good, but he has had the car a long time & I also believe it IS the original engine. Owner is a real nice guy & I don't think he'd B/S anyone about the car's authenticity. It's a pretty nice car. It was a pretty common site on the East Coast drag circuit (ATCO, Englishtown, Maple Grove, etc.) in its day. Car has been under wraps for well over 20 years. I would think it was worth the money. Not many unrestored originals left, let alone owned by the same person all this time. IMHO

Y’all getting the floor sloppy with your drooling. I disagree with your valuations. Never heard of that car, no name recognition like “red light bandit”. Back in the day did it win any national events? What dealership sold the car and to who? Most of all, it’s condition and originality.
If you've never heard of that car....you haven't been around long, or much.

-
Back