Not to beat a dead horse but

-

gtgto

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
looking for the best sound deadening/heat reduction for the money. I see kits that cover probably a lot of the floor and I see people recommend stuff you get at Home Depot you cut and cover the entire floor.

Best?

Stock exhaust with quieter mufflers.

No stick on 'band aid' needed that way.

This might generate some disagreement, but a lot of people have confused the asphalt-based 'peel and stick' roofing products sold at Home Depot, etc. with the real-deal butyl rubber based, foil backed sound insulation materials. They may look somewhat similar, but they don't provide the same benefits. Keep the asphalt on the road where it belongs. You can buy very aggressively priced butyl rubber sound insulation that performs very similarly to the big name brands. Here is just one example: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00URUIKAK/?tag=joeychgo-20

Why? Then people want to ride in it. :)
I want my Cuda as loud, noisy, and uncomfortable (to someone who doesn't love a rumblin' V-8 in a tin box as much as I do) as possible. It'll keep the wife/kid from wanting to take it for a day, lol. My Brothers and some of my sisters now..
That said, I get it. I'm thinking of a comfy more-door cruiser down the road, so I'm interested.
Not a bad post.. there's always new things, and better (and cheaper) ways of doing things. :)

IMG_7106.JPG
Here is a tidbit for you.
I bought 2 boxes of "Kilmat" from amazon and the roller tool- which you really dont need.
Installed in my doors, floor, roof and anywhere you think engine exhaust will transmit noise.
New carpet with pad and full exhaust- TTI 2.5" X-pipe with mild engine.
I do not feel the heat but carpet is still warm.
The mufflers are very noisy at certain rpms- most of the rpm they are very quiet. But when I hit 2100rpm and the drone will knock your socks off.

No noise mat will kill the noise like they claim. It will deaden the sound to some degree.
It has in fact stopped panel vibration and cut down on the heat transfer. But noise - I need to remove the mufflers
and replace with quiet ones from NAPA.
Just my 2cents worth.
Joe

I did mine with Killmat. I haven't ridden in it since but the stuff lays down good and sticks like the dung who flung. One tip to make it easier to work with, lay it all out in the sun first and let it get hot and soft. It molds very easily to the floor and other places then.

I don't think people are using roof tar paper from Home Depot. Possibly the tard foiled sticky paper for HVAC?...

This might generate some disagreement, but a lot of people have confused the asphalt-based 'peel and stick' roofing products sold at Home Depot, etc. with the real-deal butyl rubber based, foil backed sound insulation materials. They may look somewhat similar, but they don't provide the same benefits. Keep the asphalt on the road where it belongs. You can buy very aggressively priced butyl rubber sound insulation that performs very similarly to the big name brands. Here is just one example: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00URUIKAK/?tag=joeychgo-20
That really looks like good stuff.

I've been reading over on the HAMB that some of the Eastwood foil backed sound deadner has been turning into a black liquid goo destroying carpets and interiors. So you need to be carefull what is used.

I spent the money and used Dynamat, have never looked back.

-
Back