Now That's A Freakin' Fish

-
Yep thats a big one.My Dad fishes that river.When we were kids he always said when I retire I am moveing to the west coast.He says fish in the morning,golf in the afternoon.He loves it there.he is always talking about the cars there you should see them son old laides driving around in 60ss cars MINT.Thanks for the pic,you made my day.

I hooked one about that size up on the Columbia river near the Canadian border, took over an hour to get it up to the boat but had to release it as anything over 6 ft cannot be kept. I had bruises on my belly and arms from the fight. I only had 30# test line and we chased it up and down the rive with the boat the entire time. That was the only reason it didn't break the line.
They say one inch per year is their growth rate.

I hooked one about that size up on the Columbia river near the Canadian border, took over an hour to get it up to the boat but had to release it as anything over 6 ft cannot be kept. I had bruises on my belly and arms from the fight. I only had 30# test line and we chased it up and down the rive with the boat the entire time. That was the only reason it didn't break the line.
They say one inch per year is their growth rate.

They actually let you keep them in Washington? That's just BS. There is no reason to kill a Sturgeon. They are endangered.

All Sturgeon in BC must be released. Regardless of size.

I know Vic, the owner of STS Guide Services. He's a good guy.

Here's a little one that my buddy caught, the year before last.

When I was a kid use to to catch them in the Fraser about 3 miles from my house we would ride are bikes down there and throw in a line. Caught a lot the of size one above, got them two at a time on a bar rig. That was of course before all the heavy industries built up everywhere along the river.

-
Back