NZ 65 valiant Safari

-

Tony Anderson

Reaction score
Nearing the end of the build but thought we would start a thread . Nephews wagon , I helping out, going to be a great surf cruiser.

DSC09028.JPG

DSC09382.JPG

20210125_183215.jpg

DSC09557.JPG

DSC09665.JPG

Photos may be out of order sorry.
Purchased car and thought it be a summer project, quick sand , clean and paint some parts, repair some minor RUST. What a surprise we got. RUST in every panel.
Hard work pays off and wagon looking great. I like the colour the boys choose.
They paid US $4000 for it.

DSC09014.JPG

Wow !! What a very cool ride you all put together, love these long tops :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys.
Had a picture in our mind what it might look like when finished but I think turned out better.
Boys trying to decide whether to put hubcaps on. They on the hunt for a visor for front windshield.
First photo is me and the middle and youngest nephew.
Third photo is my brother and me in front and 3 nephews in back.
The boy in blue wishes he was still a young'un , have to admit its me, the uncle.
We hope to take car in for a wheel alignment this week.
To get it legal on the road it needs to pass a Warrant of Fitness. A garage will check the brakes, suspension, exhaust, lighting, structural ( no rust). Hope to do this next week.
We chasing a electrical issue in rear lights, hopefully a bad earth.

In the end we stripped the car . Should have had it media blasted. Did get all the running gear and parts blasted.

P1020360.JPG

P1020448.JPG

P1020424.JPG

P1020435.JPG

P1020213.JPG

P1020219.JPG

P1020422.JPG

The AP5 is now legal to drive, passed our Warrant of Fitness retest on Monday. Failed on first attempt due to few loose bolts, wheel bearing and brakes out of balance. Got things right 2nd time. Was shocked to hear that it was last on the road in 1995. Still a few small jobs to complete but Nephew can get out and use it. He still getting hang of a 3 speed with no syncromesh .

Just a short walk around clip.

The AP5 is now legal to drive, passed our Warrant of Fitness retest on Monday. Failed on first attempt due to few loose bolts, wheel bearing and brakes out of balance. Got things right 2nd time. Was shocked to hear that it was last on the road in 1995. Still a few small jobs to complete but Nephew can get out and use it. He still getting hang of a 3 speed with no syncromesh .

Just a short walk around clip.

Nice job Tony...and boys. :thumbsup:

Cheers fellers.
Wish we had finished it during summer so boys could have found a roof rack and strapped the surf boards on and gone for a road trip.

-
Back