OD shifter on 833

-
dont know if you know this, but the hurst indy a-833 shifter will work. one of the levers look different that the stock od shifter, but it works with either the stock linkage or the included linkage. dont have pics, but that is what im using.

the indy shifter is a competition plus unit without the overshift bolts threaded in it.

I don't know if these pics are what you are after or will even help you without the floor hump but here you go......

od.jpg

od1.jpg

od2.jpg

Thanks for the pics, I need to see the shifter rods and arms to set mine up. I think I need the 3/4 rod, my shifter is a standard 4 spd hurst comp plus.

dont know if you know this, but the hurst indy a-833 shifter will work. one of the levers look different that the stock od shifter, but it works with either the stock linkage or the included linkage. dont have pics, but that is what im using.

the indy shifter is a competition plus unit without the overshift bolts threaded in it.

I'm using the Indy shifter too, works great. I drilled out and tapped the holes for the stops on mine before I installed it, there are dimples where they go. I also didn't like the short handle so I picked up one at a swap meet.

I'm using the Indy shifter too, works great. I drilled out and tapped the holes for the stops on mine before I installed it, there are dimples where they go. I also didn't like the short handle so I picked up one at a swap meet.

it was easy enough to do the stops. for the stick i toot the stock hurst push-in stich to the grinder and drilled it for the new 2 hole bolt pattern

If you get the mopar A-body Hurst Indy shifter you get the levers for the tranny, the adapter that bolts to the tail shaft, the rods, shifter and all the necessary hardware. I paid $150 from Jegs for it about 3 years ago.

-
Back