odd measurement needed

-

Birddog1

Reaction score
does anyone know the distance from the end of the 8.75 bare housing to the outside surface of the axel flange without the rotor. I need this to compare to an 8.25 to check disc brake compatability.

I don't know but I think it's referred to as the "brake space"??

treblig

My housing is laying on the floor in the shop while I have the diff worked on. I will try to get out there in the morning and measure it for you.

Sorry this took a while. Here is a photo of my axle housing from the 68 dart. Measure from the inside edge of the diff housing to the outside of the flange is exactly 22".
20170725_160015.jpg

Hmmm that's not the measurement I was picturing you needed from your description... I was thinking more of how trebling was thinking. WOW :p

I'm not the most competent, obviously . But i'm willing to help. Anybody need to know any other "odd dimensions"? I can come up with a bunch more.

I'm not the most competent, obviously . But i'm willing to help. Anybody need to know any other "odd dimensions"? I can come up with a bunch more.
Hey man!!! You're trying to help like all the rest of us. The knowledge of all of us is greater than the knowledge of any one of us!!

treblig

Well, as for Birddog1's original request, I really cannot help at this time. As I said, the differential is in the shop...thus no axles installed...thus nothing to measure. But, like I said, I will measure literally anything else you need me to measure and report back ASAP.:rofl:

Yes. Axle standoff is what I need from an 8.75. To compare to my 8.25. Are they the same. Hopefully so. My Rear end guy needs to know. Thanks to all

Thanks to all. Brake space is also a good term.

Last edited:
-
Back