Offy intake with GM 3800 supercharger adapted

-

Mopar to ya

Reaction score
I saw this on a group I'm part of on Facebook. Thought it might look good on the 70 Duster. Offy 4 bbl intake with adapter plate and GM 3800 supercharger. Looks pretty sweet, and he wants $650 for it. If anyone is interested, I can get the info on it for you.
Screenshot_20180817-123459_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20180817-123531_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20180817-123556_Facebook.jpg

doubt you could put it together for that money yourself

That looks like fun. A quick search of local CL listings found several superchargers for ~$100. If you had to pay for the adapter plate, there would probably be a couple hundred bucks in that. Not sure how you adapt a carb to the back of the supercharger though.

i was just talking about that here at work. Two issues I see. If you adapted the carb to the supercharger, the fuel would be more rich at the front cylinders and very lean at the rear cylinders. Plus, you need oil to seal the vanes in the supercharger and fuel running through would wash that away. You almost have to have fuel injection. Am I wrong?

I have read that superchargers in general "stir up" the air/fuel stream so much that fuel distro is often not the problem one might think.

-
Back