Oil leak 340

-
Thanks for your generous offer. I’m hoping I can replace it with the engine still in. I’ll keep ya posted. I may just buy one from you.
Np. I got ALOT of 340 parts. Be more than happy to help out a Mopar guy. Offer stands anytime. Just wanted to help. Hopefully you don't gotta pull motor. Best of luck to you-

Clean up the oil pan free of oil etc.. then by a can of Zinc Stearate white spray powder and spray your entire oil pan. In a very short time, within minutes, you will see where the oil is coming from as the area will turn brown..This is what I had to do to locate an oil leak I had on my pan. When you find the leak, sand the area down to bare metal and apply a coat of JB weld, sand down to smooth out and repaint. This is what I did and that was about 5 yrs ago and still no leak.. Good luck..

Np. I got ALOT of 340 parts. Be more than happy to help out a Mopar guy. Offer stands anytime. Just wanted to help. Hopefully you don't gotta pull motor. Best of luck to you-

I appreciate the support. I’m hopeful I don’t have to pull the engine because I don’t have the space or the manpower right now. I’ve seen various posts on pulling and not pulling. I replaced the steering gear with the engine in and it was doable but a pain.

Clean up the oil pan free of oil etc.. then by a can of Zinc Stearate white spray powder and spray your entire oil pan. In a very short time, within minutes, you will see where the oil is coming from as the area will turn brown..This is what I had to do to locate an oil leak I had on my pan. When you find the leak, sand the area down to bare metal and apply a coat of JB weld, sand down to smooth out and repaint. This is what I did and that was about 5 yrs ago and still no leak.. Good luck..

I’m liking the JB idea more and more. I think that is what I may do this week.

I’m liking the JB idea more and more. I think that is what I may do this week.
If you are going to jb weld that crack, take the time to add a strip of steel or wire mesh across the crack, embedded in the epoxy. It will help to keep the crack from reopening from heat cycle stress. If you get it very clean and down to bare metal it should be successful. Will help keep the epoxy where it needs to be too.

-
Back