Oil Leaking From Dipstick

-

cruzer71

Reaction score
I bought a car with "rebuilt" 360. The Compression check ok. Crank cases vented with pcv valve to carb. Theres oil coming out of the dipstick under a load when i am driving only.
Any help would be greatly appreciated:burnout:

Pics of your engine would be great. My 360 has a PCV valve plus three baffled breather caps. If all you have is a PCV valve and a twist on oil filler cap you need to add some breather caps to help you engine relieve pressure. IMO

Pull the PCV valve and remove the oil fill cap on the valve cover. Rev the engine and hold a tissue over the opening and note the blow-by. A pressurized crank from ring blow-by is the only thing I can think of that would cause air flow out of the dipstick tube. It would have to over-power your PCV valve. If little blow-by, then suspect the PCV valve isn't correct or working, or the tube at the carb is plugged.

exactly. something in your crankcase ventilation is not working right. i was forcing oil out of my dipstick tube until i replaced the PCV and connected it to the carb base, and added a breather on the opposite valve cover

Sounds like compression is going past the rings. What is the cranking compression? I would have a leak down test done.

You might also check your line to your valve. I have seen people try to use gas line and sometimes vaccum will colapse it at higher rpm's.

-
Back