oil pan hitting K-member

-

440seven

Reaction score
I'm running a 440 7qt pan and went to mock it up the other night and the pan hits K before the mounts. Using the correct Schumacher mounts. Dent the pan or scrap it all together and get 187/699 pan? Anybody every dealt with this? All I pull up in search is the steering linkage problems.

Will be interesting to see what comes out of this, got a 400 wagon engine for my 76 Dart.

Will be interesting to see what comes out of this, got a 400 wagon engine for my 76 Dart.

440 stroker motor, Moroso 7 qt oil pan in a 68 Cuda.
Small block K-frame from a 73 A body for the larger disk brakes.. Schumacher mounts.. I had to notch the K-frame due to oil pan clearance. I Also had to notch it for the high volume oil pump

Where on the pan is the interference?
Why not post some pictures of whatcha' got?

I would post pics but I've already got the whole front end assembled and waiting to drop motor on top. I mocked up (or tried to) when k-frame was bare. Engine is still on frame. The interference is at the passenger side corner though.

When I get ready to I'll drop the motor on it and get some pics. Sounds like I may be similar to DonnieLawson. I've got pretty much the same setup.

View attachment 1715086123 I currently have a Moroso 7 quart newer generation pan with OE BB 69 K with lots of clearance but use all the factory mounts. A bit of rub on the right of the pan from the idle arm/center link on extreme right turns, but no K interference. It would take ten years to be an issue. I Have a new repro 893 just waiting for the right time.

Last edited:
-
Back