Oil pressure sensor thread pitch

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
Are these still 1/8 NTP? Trying to T off my 2012 3.6VVT's stock sensor port under the intake for a real oil pressure gauge. Everything seems to be metric maybe this is a SAE holdout?

<< found it...1/8 X 27 NPTF >>

Last edited:
I pulled the steering wheel from my 2006 dodge Grand caravan.

It is all metric, EXCEPT for the bolt holes on the wheel to put the puller bolts in.

I went through 4 different metric bolts at the auto parts store before I tried a SAE bolt. WTF!

I "thought" the senders were 1/8 NPT but 2012? ??? Who knows

Are these still 1/8 NTP? Trying to T off my 2012 3.6VVT's stock sensor port under the intake for a real oil pressure gauge. Everything seems to be metric maybe this is a SAE holdout?

Are you installing an extension tube, lengthening the wires and then a 'T", or how? Curious, due to the very short wires they have for the existing OPS.

I want to run both. The wires are not an issue, just extend them but I think if I can get a Mustang extension and then a street T, I can run both. It would also make replacing the sender a 5 minutes job as it would be out in the open on a minivan. Charger, not so much.....
64-34792.jpg

Here is a GM 5V sensor graph, wonder if the Mopar shoden sensor follows the same scale? If that is true, my **** is registering 69 psi with the motor off!
attachment.jpg

I want to run both. The wires are not an issue, just extend them but I think if I can get a Mustang extension and then a street T, I can run both. It would also make replacing the sender a 5 minutes job as it would be out in the open on a minivan. Charger, not so much.....
64-34792.jpg

Here is a GM 5V sensor graph, wonder if the Mopar shoden sensor follows the same scale? If that is true, my **** is registering 69 psi with the motor off!
View attachment 1715850076

I believe it does.

-
Back