OK I'm confused on MOPAR Tunnel Ram P4532175

-

JimDuster71

Reaction score
I bought this Tunnel Ram years ago thinking it would would be nice on a future build. Well looking to build a nice SB so while doing research I read that the tunnel ram is only for W2 heads. Looking at W2 heads intake ports they look to be OVAL but looking at the ports of the tunnel ram they are rectangular....... What am i missing?

TR Complete.jpg

TR Base .jpg

TR Top .jpg

TR Base port.jpg

The casting numbers are not the “part number”.
The part number is what’s in the catalog…….and on the box.

W2’s have different bolt spacing than std heads.
Just lay a std gasket against the manifold and see if the bolt holes line up.

My old MP catalog does say the w2 TR has oval ports, but the W5 TR has rectangle ports.

Nice piece with enough cubes and a set of “full house” cylinder heads.

Thanks to PRH. I did a lot more digging and found the P4532175 is the casting and not the part #. Looks like the part # is P5249464. and as far as I can find it looks like its LA 340-360 heads with large intake ports. WELL THE BOOK I REFFERENCED HAS IT WRONG THAT # COMES UP AS A VALVE SPRING.

Last edited:
Yes that is NOT a W2 intake. It would have have oval ports and W2 stamped somewhere on the intake. If not for regular small block heads the only other possibility would be it's a W5 intake.

I bought this Tunnel Ram years ago thinking it would would be nice on a future build. Well looking to build a nice SB so while doing research I read that the tunnel ram is only for W2 heads. Looking at W2 heads intake ports they look to be OVAL but looking at the ports of the tunnel ram they are rectangular....... What am i missing?

View attachment 1716210233

View attachment 1716210234

View attachment 1716210235

View attachment 1716210236
Did you put a standard intake gasket on it .
You keeping it .
From what I understand they made on for the LA heads

Yes that is NOT a W2 intake. It would have have oval ports and W2 stamped somewhere on the intake. If not for regular small block heads the only other possibility would be it's a W5 intake.
BINGO!

Pictures say it all, W2 & standard head MP-M1-TR’s below!
Same numbers - P4532175. The W2 seems to be cast in by a block that allows the aluminum to be raised to say W2.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

These intakes can use a little work, like below. My W2-M1-TR.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks to PRH. I did a lot more digging and found the P4532175 is the casting and not the part #. Looks like the part # is P5249464. and as far as I can find it looks like its LA 340-360 heads with large intake ports. WELL THE BOOK I REFFERENCED HAS IT WRONG THAT # COMES UP AS A VALVE SPRING.
Whats your plan for the tunnel ram ?

Would love to see more pictures of the porting ,I just purchased a w2 oval port one.
I don’t know what you want to see mainly because all the biggest secrets of what’s needed to be done is shown.

You can get pretty far with measuring each runners cfm flow before and after porting. Any real improvement over the pictures would have to take place on engine or some serious time with something other than your basic equipment. Air flow is only the beginning.

What you don’t really see is the epoxy work at the runner to head mating surface which was insanely horrible and worthy of hanging on the wall of shame.

I don’t know what you want to see mainly because all the biggest secrets of what’s needed to be done is shown.

You can get pretty far with measuring each runners cfm flow before and after porting. Any real improvement over the pictures would have to take place on engine or some serious time with something other than your basic equipment. Air flow is only the beginning.

What you don’t really see is the epoxy work at the runner to head mating surface which was insanely horrible and worthy of hanging on the wall of shame.
Gotcha

Oh, if you’re porting it yourself, remove the gaskets and align it up as evenly as possible for the least amount of porting and minimal removal on all the ports. Keeping it symmetrical and easier. Just round the edges on the upper plenum into the base and contour downwards.

If you change the shape of the runner, it should only go wider and taller, or towards the cylinder head side. The floor will need epoxy. It should be fairly obvious to even a new guy on what needs to be done and where for that straightest line of site path needed and as much as possible.

Would you have a link to that linkage set up?

At the moment, that project of mine is on deck right after I get done with the destroker engine. I’ll probably start it up and roll around with a pair of the 650-AVS Edelbrock carbs I have done in line of course.

Oh, if you’re porting it yourself, remove the gaskets and align it up as evenly as possible for the least amount of porting and minimal removal on all the ports. Keeping it symmetrical and easier. Just round the edges on the upper plenum into the base and contour downwards.

If you change the shape of the runner, it should only go wider and taller, or towards the cylinder head side. The floor will need epoxy. It should be fairly obvious to even a new guy on what needs to be done and where for that straightest line of site path needed and as much as possible.

Would you have a link to that linkage set up?
Alkydigger sells them on there site bought an extra one for the shelf enderle linkage

-
Back