Old guy calls: COME get this car junk outta my garage!

-

Kern Dog

Build your car to handle.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I was happy to do it.

Attachments

• IMG_0824.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 841
I bought 2 cars in the deal.
1974 Dart Sport with a good running slant six. Parts car IMO. He stripped it out but saved most of the parts. No pictures of that one yet. The slanty will be up for sale pretty cheap.
The pink containers have all sorts of small parts, interior stuff, various exterior trim, etc.
I have ThermoQuads, starters, alternators, misc brackets, guage clusters, steering columns....

Amongst the parts was this....

It even has the Pentastar on it!

Attachments

• IMG_0819.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 825
  • IMG_0820.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 830
Actually, the above pictures were of the 74 Dart.
Sorta funny story.
Feb 2007 I was looking for a Duster, Demon or Dart Sport for my Brother in law. He wanted to get a Fastback a body. I looked at this car but the seller refused to take my cash. He kept saying another guy wants it but wouldn't have the money for another week! Here I am 7 years later and I end up with the car anyway.

I got this car too. The interior is absolutely mint and I needed a complete interior for a 74 Duster 360 car I'm finishing up.

Attachments

• IMG_0821.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 815
I get the 2 cars and all the parts home, then I look closer at the black car.
It is a 1973 Dart Sport 340. Its been modified a bit that will take a bit of reversing. This car is originally TX9 black. A/C, P/S Manual disc, rear window defogger, inside hood latch, front sway bar, etc. The seller bought THIS one because the 74 Dart had rust in the body seams. He figured to abandon the 74 and build THIS.

Attachments

• IMG_0822.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 805
I may take the parts I need from the 73 then let it sit until I'm ready to work on it. I have some "seconds" I'll use on it: Parts that are functional but not cosmetically perfect. It will probably get a 318 or 360 and an automatic.
I have 5 73-74 Dart grilles, some 73-74 Valiant/Duster grilles, various bumpers, hoods, fenders, trunklids, some bench seats, windows, hubcaps, brake parts.... and underneath a blanket I found this:

Attachments

• IMG_0823.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 810
if it wasn't for earthquakes, drought, well i'll stop there, it would ALMOST be worth it to move to the left coast!!?????? da-- bandit!!!!!!
have too wonder somertimes!???? so what have ya been doin for luck!?????

I sold the guy a fender last year and he remembered me. He is a sorta private guy and didn't want a bunch of craigslist strangers coming by his house.

When I sell at swap meets, I try to engage the customers by being friendly and asking about their projects. I've sold stuff weeks and months later because of treating people like friends.
A buddy of mine has also sold stuff at swaps but always comes off as gruff and introverted. He never seems to sell much.

This sort of thing may become more common. There are guys getting up in years that may be losing interest in the old stuff. In January 2013 I brought in a bunch of 64/65 Valiant & Barracuda parts from an older guy here in town. He had years of parts stashed and was tired of the clutter.
It may be that in 20 years I will be the old guy calling someone to clear out my place!

Great score!!!
How fortunate that someone who appreciates the stuff ended up with it.

The TX9 340 is a treasure... please keep us posted!

-
Back