Old School vs New School

-

newby

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals. Been kicking around the idea of new vs old in the seat department and came across these seats from a company called Performance World. Very reasonable price wise, not bad quality and all the adjustment you could want. (Very comfortable) Like most in the trades I have back issues and the old seats just don't cut it on long trips. Not sure about the look though, have 30 days to send them back. What do you all think?

Attachments

• IMG_20150115_201155525.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 699
  • IMG_20150115_201241979.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 646
they look good. they look like the 98 eclipse seats i just got for my dart. just bag the original seats and you can always go back to them. comfort was my top over originality.

I like the new ones. I would like to see them in the with the door closed. Just to see how high they come up. I'm tired of driving around on trampoline seats.

Thanks guys. Comfort is what spurred this whole dilemma. New ones are super comfy and will probably get a seat cover made for the rear bench that match the new buckets. I'm going to install today so I'll post a few more pics. Cheers:burnout:

Thanks guys. Comfort is what spurred this whole dilemma. New ones are super comfy and will probably get a seat cover made for the rear bench that match the new buckets. I'm going to install today so I'll post a few more pics. Cheers:burnout:

Those look good, Getting the rear to match is great! I would like how those feel but I never like the look when newer seats are installed and the original rear seat is stock, just don't look right IMO :glasses7:

Soon as material gets here I'll take it to the upholsterer to see what they have to say. As for the install went good seat brace holes all lined up. Went the extra little and welded the bolts to the braces to ease with the installation. Now that I have both in I think they look really good.

Attachments

• IMG_20150117_160351165.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 629
  • IMG_20150117_160156963.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 597
  • IMG_20150117_160109339.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 621
  • IMG_20150117_155848150.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 621
  • IMG_20150117_155759711_HDR.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 631
I'm surprised you didn't get the smooth seat?

Either way, I like it! Would like to do this to my Dart, always wondered just how comfortable they really are.

Attachments

• 276110-2.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 650
i'd have to see the rest of the car to say if i like them or not.. if the car is 100% stock looking i think they would look out of place. if it has somewhat of a pro touring look then they probably look good in there..

for a all stock looking car i don't think you can beat these. as long as you do the rear seat to match..
http://procarbyscat.com/seats/Rally-Lowback

can even get them with head rests..

DSC_0644.JPG

those seats would definitely hhold you in position where "old school" bucket... ha, you slid like greased b b in a boxcar!???? they look comfortable....
but I;m old school old fart, I like the original seats....smell of high octane Sunoco, smell of rubber, sound of over-reved big block!???? LOL

I'm surprised you didn't get the smooth seat?

Either way, I like it! Would like to do this to my Dart, always wondered just how comfortable they really are.
Hey Brandon was going to go with the smooth seat at first but thought the horizontal stitching looked better. In the website photo it also looked like the headrest material was a little loose so thought the seatbelt cutout would aid with any future stretching. As a bonus had that flat spot on the headrest to add a personal touch.

for a all stock looking car i don't think you can beat these. as long as you do the rear seat to match..

DSC_0644.JPG
[/QUOTE]

Joe gotta agree with your comment on the procar seats. They were what I initially wanted but by the time I added shipping and current exchange rate just couldn't justify it. As for the appearance not really stock but close.

Attachments

• 20141019_111643_Android.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 588
  • 20141019_111657_Android.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 603
those seats would definitely hhold you in position where "old school" bucket... ha, you slid like greased b b in a boxcar!???? they look comfortable....
but I;m old school old fart, I like the original seats....smell of high octane Sunoco, smell of rubber, sound of over-reved big block!???? LOL

Yes there's nothing like that timeless musclecar with all the correct interior and it just looks perfect. Mine has enough mods and is definitely not a #'s matching. I'm with you on the old school old fart thing, the 'old' back reminds me of this every day. Will keep the originals in case want to put her back to stock. Cheers

i'd have to see the rest of the car to say if i like them or not.. if the car is 100% stock looking i think they would look out of place. if it has somewhat of a pro touring look then they probably look good in there..

DSC_0644.JPG

Those look great :glasses7:

Food, for thought. Thanks button, tapped.

likem. wish I`d done that, had mine recovered at a place on e. 11th street in tulsa, worst thing I`ve ever paid for. they were really comfy before, now they suck for me, but I`m 68. they is pretty tho!

Just my way of keeping the car rather than giving in to the new challenger route. Don't get me wrong would love a new Chally but it's nice driving something you just don't see everyday.

Just my way of keeping the car rather than giving in to the new challenger route. Don't get me wrong would love a new Chally but it's nice driving something you just don't see everyday.

I love them too, why deal with the payments?

I love them too, why deal with the payments?

Abody you couldn't be more right. That Dart is all mine, nice feeling. Bank owns the everyday truck, not so nice a feeling.:wack:

Attachments

• IMG_20141111_184700.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 428
  • IMG_20141111_184425 (2).jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 432

DSC_0644.JPG

Those look at the best I have seen yet

OLD SCHOOL!!! The last time I stopped for gas a young guy (late teens/early twenties) was walking by and said, "That car is a beast!!!". I said "Thanks, still working on it".

treblig

Attachments

• DSC04279.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 366
  • DSC04275.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 332
  • DSC04274.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 341
  • DSC04129.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 341
  • DSC04128.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 339