One from the past. Brown Sugar

-
I had my 70 dart in a garage with the front clip off , a guy asked "what year Nova is that...?" I never thought the Mopar A body resembled a nova at all...even the early 60s Novas dont look like them.

It's a standing joke about cowl induction scoops on cars other than Chevys. They make your Dart or Scamp look like a Nova and the like.
I know it is, but man is it ever beat to death at this point lol

It was an unfortunate crash and could have been possibly prevented. He was up a long ways and got out of the groove it appears. I don't own a race car but I bet some wheelie bars properly set could have helped him out. If the class doesn't allow them then you are taking your chances that something like this will happen.

It was an unfortunate crash and could have been possibly prevented. He was up a long ways and got out of the groove it appears. I don't own a race car but I bet some wheelie bars properly set could have helped him out. If the class doesn't allow them then you are taking your chances that something like this will happen.

My car before I bought it.

IMG_3468.jpeg

Most of the guys that worry about stuff like that are still running purple shaft hydraulic cams. Lol
Guilty as charged LOL !!

I have a 340 under the bench with exactly that cam / ld340 / milodon oiling system etc.. straight out of 1983.
Antiquated, yes but was a very strong running engine and was bullet proof through all the hard times a 20 something year old could put it through!!

Who cares what hood is on it when it was faster then most peoples current junk in here over 10 years ago?

BADASS Ride, one of my favourite Barracudas

Agreed ! Bas *** car..

Just having some fun lol!!

Same as when someone makes the mistake of calling a sure-grip a posi LOL !!

Wayne Smothers of STS in Oolagah, OK bought it and fixed it up. He had it for sale for some time. Not sure if he still owns it

Was that car hemi powered at the time of the crash? There aren't to many small blocks capable of yanking the frontend like that.

Wayne Smother of Smothers Supercars in OK owns the car and would know more of the history. The guy that built brown sugar was the creator of Shawanda.

That's a Mopar scoop on brown sugar. It's just an oversized 70 road runner scoop. Kinda like an oversized hemi scoop or Sixpack scoop. Lol.

Who cares what hood is on it when it was faster then most peoples current junk in here over 10 years ago?

BADASS Ride, one of my favourite Barracudas
Dang right!

:poke:Dang John....picking on us little guys!! That 440 was built in 1990 and it's last race - yes the very last time it was run - was winning the Heavy ET bracket final at the old defunct Detroit Dragway!. That was back in 1993!! Hasn't been started since but may see some love in the next 12 months.

And yup, no 9"'s in my stable yet.

-
Back