One of you guys needs this.........76 Charger........

-
While you guys are blasting these late B bodies...:lol: I can REALLY use the tilt/cruise column out of that rusty, crusty '77 from across the pond. I have some things that I need for my '76 Charger Daytona:(

While you guys are blasting these late B bodies...:lol: I can REALLY use the tilt/cruise column out of that rusty, crusty '77 from across the pond. I have some things that I need for my '76 Charger Daytona:(
There are several very active sites on facebook, look up mopar f bodies (FMRJ), also a site right here called FMJ bodies only. Hope this helps the cause.

A buddy of mine picked this car up and I wouldn’t mind having it.

79E54B44-0C63-4B9D-A226-76B8B70C8F48.jpeg
F96718CE-3716-4EB6-B308-883087CFDB11.jpeg
D6E38C1B-5ED2-4E72-87E0-D1C047CFBBC6.jpeg

'79 slant Volare
Totally rust free. I have fixed a few small door dings, this fall it will go back all that light pale yellow ( I like it) and the 79 duster decals, maybe a rear spoiler. Runs, drives great. You don't want the hear what I gave. (No I will not sell it for that either.)

IMG_0001.JPG

'79 slant Volare
Totally rust free. I have fixed a few small door dings, this fall it will go back all that light pale yellow ( I like it) and the 79 duster decals, maybe a rear spoiler. Runs, drives great. You don't want the hear what I gave. (No I will not sell it for that either.)

View attachment 1715205440
a buddy of mine had a LeBaron with the L-shaped torsion bars. I was impressed with the way it rode and handled. I can see why the Diplomats were popular cop cars.

They use the L shaped torsion bar and K member in a lot of refits into older rides, 53-56 Ford F100,s, put one in a 53 Chevy shoebox. Simple to put in, independent front suspension, gives adjustable ride height, disk brakes and power steering with just 4 bolts.

I didn't "used ta" like these much. Guess I'm gettin old. They look better, now LOL

Lotsa room under that big hood.........for a turbo or two or even just a 3G hemi swap

I get these cars not being as good looking as other years but they look like so comfortable to drive in. I would not mind owning one someday.

Rides smooth as silk but looks like the family truckster meets shaft
family truckster? Now, that WAS hideous. Come on, they're no where near close to that. They were no wagon versions of the late B's, they never had fake wood grain sides, and I believe that particular shade of "bile green" had been flushed from the available color pallet a couple of years before that. hahaha

Any of these mid-late 70's era Mopars can be awesome looking rides, just like any 60's early 70's car that wasn't an R/T or had stripes on it with just a little motor work, trans beefing up, slap the right gear in and swap in hd suspensions from the station wagons or cop cars if you can find them, and the right set of wheels, Performance and luxury...Don't tell me this car is not beautiful!

35992058_1846982505369408_6555535139391143936_o.jpg

36040198_1846981088702883_7518708484964089856_o.jpg

View attachment 1715205582

Wagons? F body Volare/Aspen wagons make great beasts when you find one that is not 1000 miles away! Yep I rather have the 62-67 A or B but I never see one that is not a total project. Or at least 800 mi away!

I appreciate the post on this guy! it does appear to be in decent shape (besides that questionable quarter...) a friend and I have been looking for a 75-79 B-body. However we decided it must have a hole in the roof (sunroof or T Tops). Want something that we could cruise the coast with

laugh all you want, but when you need to cruise 300 -400 miles, or more, you can do it comfortably in those late B-bodies, and when you get where you're going you're not beat to crap, you're still fresh. They can perform quite respectably, too. The '79 300's were good-looking, luxury 2dr cop cars. My friend's 300 would do low 15's/ high 14's in the 1/4 mile with a slightly warmer cam, and when you were doing 100+ mph you felt as confident as if you were doing 60 mph in a new car.

This exactly! Nothing to ride all day and get up in the morning and do it again. I miss my Cordoba, but would not trade the Barracuda for it...

I had a 75 charger, and a 77 charger and they both looked like cordobas. This one has a fury salon body style that they made the last RM23 road runner out of. How it ended up with charger nameplates is anybodys guess. Is it an XS vin ?

They must have followed GM with the badge engineering by this time. I always knew a mid to late 70s charger as this. I loved my 75 with the 360, and really loved my 77 SE with the 440 i put in it. Was a full optioned car, PS, PB, A/C , cruise, gage package. Buckets, console, chronometer digital clock, bright red with a white landau top, white extreior stripe applique, rallye wheels. Very similar to one in top pic.

Screenshot_20180802-055905.png

Screenshot_20180802-055919.png

Any of these mid-late 70's era Mopars can be awesome looking rides, just like any 60's early 70's car that wasn't an R/T or had stripes on it with just a little motor work, trans beefing up, slap the right gear in and swap in hd suspensions from the station wagons or cop cars if you can find them, and the right set of wheels, Performance and luxury...Don't tell me this car is not beautiful!

View attachment 1715205580

View attachment 1715205581

View attachment 1715205582
I love the magnum GT rallyes. Similar to cop wheels but no nubs for dog dishes sticking out. Nice daytona.

Remove the rubber isolated suspension biscuits and use solid machined aluminum spacers, and it helps these perform better. Curb weight is 3,975 on a 79 'doba i would imagine 75-79 were all about the same. Pretty heavy. I always thought the 78-79 magnum XE or GT looked the best out of all of these era B body cars. With the 79 300 following up a close second.

what is Charger about this car?
Personal luxury coupe. Thats the death they died, both the charger and road runner. By 1974 people were not looking for performance cars anymore. The fun suckers from the EPA and insurance companies took care of that. The emphasis was now on personal luxury coupes like the monte carlo. Opera windows, landau tops, compliant rides, formal rooflines and grilles, etc. Disco glamour and glitz was the style. Peoole recognised the charger nameplate, and its what got them into the dealership. You could still order the big blocks through 1977 and performance oriented packages in one of these for those who wanted one, but it was at best a neutered 400 wheezing through a catalytic converter. By this time you would be better off with an E58 360 as the HP numbers werent much different.

Last edited:
Personal luxury coupe. Thats the death they died, both the charger and road runner. By 1974 people were not looking for performance cars anymore. The fun suckers from the EPA and insurance companies took care of that. The emphasis was now on personal luxury coupes like the monte carlo. Opera windows, landau tops, compliant rides, formal rooflines and grilles, etc. Disco glamour and glitz was the style. Peoole recognised the charger nameplate, and its what got them into the dealership. You could still order the big blocks through 1977 and performance oriented packages in one of these for those who wanted one, but it was at best a neutered 400 wheezing through a catalytic converter. By this time you would be better off with an E58 360 as the HP numbers werent much different.

agreed, but I (still)have an original black '78 Magnum w/ 400, so '78 was last year of big blocks.
I also (still) have a black '79 Magnum GT t-top w/ 360, and I, too, love the Magnum wheels.
But, I disagree on this minor point. I like the 79 300''s best, with the Magnums a close second. Like my (late) buddy used to say, "there's no accounting for taste." hahaha

-
Back