onehellofadart???tire wheel combo???

-

Dodgenut64

Reaction score
hello. did you mini tub or relocate springs to get your tire wheel combo? seems like you got a decently wide tire in back, looks good.

Thank you DN64!!

I am running 15" x 4" wheels 2.25 back space with 15 x 5
Kumho Tires on front and 15" x 8" wheels with 4.5 back space with
M/T 26 x 9.5 section x 8" tread Drag Radials on rear.

My rear lips are cut and springs are not relocated nor tub'd.
Rear tires fit snug. Rub very slightly on sharp hard right hand curves.

GotDart said:
Uhh Tony, your rear wheels are wider than the tires???

Ooopps!
Whistle2.gif

Corrected, thanks

thanks. im trying to figure out how wide of a wheel/tire i can get under the 64 without mini/tub or spring relocater. 8" rims out back? is there a tire size that wouldnt rub???

The 9.5 section was the smallest I could find in a 26" Drag radial.
I'm sure you could find a narrower street tire no problem.
Also when I say they rub I don't mean gouged, It's more like a very slight scuffing.

We use these 28 x 9 M/T slicks on a 15 x 7 wheel with a 4.5 back spacing at the track on my boys Dart and they just fit. Like Tony it has no tubs and no springs moved. Its all stock suspension other then SS springs and thats about the biggest I would go in that stock wheelwell. Ron

117885130.jpg

thanks guys. so an 8" wide rim on the back with 4.5 back spacing on stock rear, leafs and wheelwells? cool.
great cars and times bytheway.

Hey Tony, how much space do you have on the inside of the tire/wheel? Could you have gone with more backspace? Hard to tell from this pic, but it looks like the limiting factor would be either the tire to the leaf spring or perhaps the tire to the lower mounting bolt for the Caltrac bar.

attachment.jpg

I don't have much room. It doesn't rub on the inside though.
If I wanted to go any wider I would have to relocate the springs.
Combo Cal-Trac nut and spring. She hooks real well now at the track.
Took me almost a season to dial them in correctly.

-
Back