Oooh Rah!

-

GoFish

Have impressive member
Reaction score
Gettin' old...today is the 33rd anniversary of my going to Marine Corps boot camp. I may forget my wife's birthday or my anniversary, but this is one date I always remember!

Thanks, Homecloned. Nah, I'm too freaking old! LOL. I got out in 1981, but not a day goes by that isn't the influenced by my time in the Corps. Best of luck to your stepson. Camp Pendleton is not a bad duty station at all.

Ironically, the day I graduated bootcamp May 7 was the same day I got Married but only 12 years later!

Semper FI

Congratulations fellow “Hollywood” Marine

Enlistment date and serial number are hard to forget, even after 45 years.

On a different note, I am going out to San Antonio Texas this week to meet up with some Viet Nam Platoon buddys.

Semper Fi Marine

To this day, I feel I got a lot more from the Marines than they got from me! God's honest story---the deciding factor for joining the Marines vs. any other branch was I figured the Marines would give me better stories to tell after I got out than any other branch! Gotta think I was right, because I have some doozies! :cheers:

Congrats to you GoFish. That is a day that is not hard to forget. I remember the day I went up to the great lakes for Navy boot camp. 10/25/99. Hey mine is coming up pretty soon. Time flies don't it.

Enlistment date and serial number are hard to forget, even after 45 years.

When we got to boot camp (Air Force) we were told best not forget your service number - it's how you got paid, even if it was only $96 a month (before taxes). Yes, I have no remembering that - for breakfast this morning, well . . . . .

-
Back