Open car trailer vs enclosed

Flat bed vs enclosed hauler

• Total voters
-
I have a Warn M8000 on my trailer, and one on the front of the truck.
They will pull anything, If I get into one that will not roll, or stuck deep in the mud, a simple snatch block doubles the power. Well worth the money.

I got a lot of cars moved with the little 2500 harbor fright (on purpose!) winch, but there were lots of times I wish I had more.. Bought a 9 ton HF, acts like it could pull down a house. Battery and winch in a box, on the trailer.
I got my old 2500 bolted to a mount to go in a receiver, but set up to be chained to a tree, or whatever. Handy for moving cars on those wheeled rollers.
Edit: beautiful family, and family of cats!
Doc, I have moved countless old Mopars with nothing but a good boat winch. Cheap. Yea ya gotta buy some 1/4 in cable for it. Only thing a comalong is good for is pulling wire if ya don't have a friggin tractor! But how at 75 and woreout, have really finally outsmarted it all. When I need to load that new "bargain" I just hobble around alittle worse and the seller will run volunteer to run the hand crank! :poke: :thumbsup: :confederateflag: :confederateflag: :confederateflag: :confederateflag: :confederateflag: :confederateflag: :BangHead:

Before I had any kind of winch, I loaded a car or few with a come-along. The best thing about a winch is safely UNloading a car with no brakes. Done that more than a few times.

Before I had any kind of winch, I loaded a car or few with a come-along. The best thing about a winch is safely UNloading a car with no brakes. Done that more than a few times.

I just held the long heavy duty tow strap and let her go down slowly lol.

I got a lot of cars moved with the little 2500 harbor fright (on purpose!) winch, but there were lots of times I wish I had more.. Bought a 9 ton HF, acts like it could pull down a house. Battery and winch in a box, on the trailer.
I got my old 2500 bolted to a mount to go in a receiver, but set up to be chained to a tree, or whatever. Handy for moving cars on those wheeled rollers.
Edit: beautiful family, and family of cats!

I’m not a huge cat person. The 3 barn cats came with the house haha. My son wants to name the new kitten MoPurr… lol. My daughters want to name it Wednesday (from the Adam’s family).

We went to S&H today to look at zero turn mowers and there were some new kittens there, the guy said we could have one if we caught it. My son tried super hard but no avail, we will try again next week when we pick up our mower…

S&H to me, is Green trading stamps. But I think they went belly-up decades ago!
I am a cat person, that currently has one cat, and four german shepherds.

Barn cars (outdoor cats) will walk up your windshield and sleep on the roof of old cars, they like high places BUT cars are death on SNAKES!

True story. A couple of decades ago, I went to buy a Roadrunner project from a car bud near Billings, (yes Mo not Mt) just down the road from you. I was under the car looking it over when he drove up from work. He asked did I noticed the bullet hole in the rear qtr. He then mentioned he made it making a hole on the large copperhead living in the trunk.

We used to have snakes here ( copperheads, timber rattlers, coral snakes etc etc) till the outside cat herd came to be about 6 head!

Doc, I have moved countless old Mopars with nothing but a good boat winch. Cheap. Yea ya gotta buy some 1/4 in cable for it. Only thing a comalong is good for is pulling wire if ya don't have a friggin tractor! But how at 75 and woreout, have really finally outsmarted it all. When I need to load that new "bargain" I just hobble around alittle worse and the seller will run volunteer to run the hand crank! :poke: :thumbsup: :confederateflag: :confederateflag: :confederateflag: :confederateflag: :confederateflag: :confederateflag: :BangHead:
The old red-dog come-along, I still keep one in the tool box on my trailer, they will give you a work out.
When I was younger that is how you got a car on the trailer, the first winch I bought was a super luxury, they were expensive back then.

The old red-dog come-along, I still keep one in the tool box on my trailer, they will give you a work out.
When I was younger that is how you got a car on the trailer, the first winch I bought was a super luxury, they were expensive back then.
Easiest way if no winch is to jack knife your trailer, where your truck is pretty much out of the way, hook a long two strap to the old car and have the seller pull it up on your trailer with his pickup or tractor.
OK so this does not work for city stuff.

Easiest way if no winch is to jack knife your trailer, where your truck is pretty much out of the way, hook a long two strap to the old car and have the seller pull it up on your trailer with his pickup or tractor.
OK so this does not work for city stuff.
Used a Bobcat with a chain to drag a car up on the trailer, that was really nice.

IMG_20200222_142620.jpg

I used the two rachet strap system when I loaded up my Dart on my not so great utility trailer, when I left my ex. It went smoothly, but I had a slight incline that helped out.

IMG_20200530_104113.jpg

Last edited:
Barn cars (outdoor cats) will walk up your windshield and sleep on the roof of old cars, they like high places BUT cars are death on SNAKES!

True story. A couple of decades ago, I went to buy a Roadrunner project from a car bud near Billings, (yes Mo not Mt) just down the road from you. I was under the car looking it over when he drove up from work. He asked did I noticed the bullet hole in the rear qtr. He then mentioned he made it making a hole on the large copperhead living in the trunk.

We used to have snakes here ( copperheads, timber rattlers, coral snakes etc etc) till the outside cat herd came to be about 6 head!

We have 4 now and I’m gonna try to get another young one.

Friday I saw a 3 foot black snake out next to the barn when we were mowing, and that is right next to where 2 of the cats stay almost 24/7.

We have 4 now and I’m gonna try to get another young one.

Friday I saw a 3 foot black snake out next to the barn when we were mowing, and that is right next to where 2 of the cats stay almost 24/7.
I lived in Mo. 37 years before heading to Tx.
Doc cats will walk on your cars but they will keep the mice/rats down way more thn snakes. Cats kill mice for the sport and to teach a kitten. Snakes only eat every so often.
Seems like the cats here kill off the baby and smller nakes and maybe they tend to run off the bigger ones.
Watch out for the big black snakes will kill off your young chickens even the ones way too big for them to swallow!

One of my patients raises goats, his sell for around 10k. It’s a damn goat, crazy. He said his wife’s friend sold a goat for 27k?! What the hell! I got into the wrong profession apparently
If I'd spend 27k on a goat it had better come with a 455

If I'd spend 27k on a goat it had better come with a 455
Like the guy that paid $27000 for his bud's 66 GTO and then that bud turned around and gave him $29000 for his Duster!

IN the high end Boer goat business the right billy can cost some big bucks, where we pay $500 per straw frozen semen from just a "good" billy. Semen from that top $$$ billies get real expensive. Thus that top billy is a cash cow. Top nannies are embryo transferred utilzing many eggs per season.

LIke anything 5% of the people make big money and the other 95% fund that 5%/

Last edited:
-
Back