Opinions on this '68 Barracuda

-
Also, if this particular vehicle doesn't work out for me, are there any sites that you can recommend to look on? Everything on Autotrader Classics seems very expensive and Ebay seems hit and miss. Other than multiple Craigslist searching, I don't have any other sources.

I use Searchtempest. It kicks ***.....how far are you willing to travel to get a car?

http://www.searchtempest.com/

I love Search Tempest! That's how I found this one. I don't mind travelling far if I can drive it home; I don't have a trailer. If it was close, I could manage something.

I took a one way flight and drove a car 650 miles home once, but it only had 5,000 miles on it. I've driven three and four hours several times and towed one home from about 5 hours away.

I'd say anything from about 3-4 hours away from the Charlotte, NC area. I want to be able to take a friend with me and drive back, so I want to avoid having to buy a plane ticket and driving back by myself.

I saw this one a little closer, but at almost twice the price I can't justify it.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/3503010282.html

I'd end up putting that much into the red one, but not all at once and I'd build it how I wanted to.

I'm still waiting on additional pictures from the seller, but in the mean time, I have some questions about the mixed year trim.

If I were to purchase this vehicle, at some point, I would like to return the front and rear end to the correct '68 parts. What parts are needed for the front and rear?

For the front, I know the grills are different, but is the rest of the trim different too? Some one else pointed out that the P L Y M O U T H across the front is from a '67, but is the header different too, or is it just the letter placement?

My main concern is the rear since the '67 reverse lights were separate. Obviously, the tail lights themselves are different (and I assume the bezels as well) and the trim on the trunk, but what about the trunk itself?

Someone mentioned that I would be looking at around $1000 (front and rear to get the correct parts). All said and done, what value do the '67 parts have that I can recoup by selling? I want to use this as a bargaining tool if I decided to negotiate a price on this car.

-
Back