• black

Votes: 81 69.8%

• Total voters
-
I've owned several cars with white interiors and have
never had problems keeping them clean.
Old interiors that are in bad shape are hard to restore,
but new is easy to keep.
I think your car would look excellent with a white interior.

Well.....being a mechanic and having white interior can have its drawbacks. I for one love my white interior. Your right, it does pop.....

You have a tough decision on your hands.....:-D

DSC01693 (Medium).JPG

DSC01694 (Medium).JPG

MAN!!! That's a tough one!!

I haven't voted yet .... I'm still trying to make my mind up. I know how much time and effort you have put in that car.... I'll have to take sometime to think about it.. lol

All your missing now is a sweet pistol grip shifter!

Go look at the picture in the first post... :-D

I'm really un-decided on the White interior. Steve, how about you mail me your interior so I can get a better idea.... 8)

i have always had cars with black int,i just bought a 66 cuda with white seats,door panels,and headliner thought about changing mine to black but the white is really growing on me.tough choice! your car looks awesome either way!!!!!

John, While I think a white interior would truly compliment the turquoise, I think your car looks beautiful as it is....and done. Congrats

I also believe I remember a VW vert somewhere along your posts as next in line.....? :scratch:

This is what mine is going to look like except I will have the console.. I just have to get the paint done and throw it all back together. My vote is both. 8)

68barracuda007.jpg

Lots of cars came with combination white and black interior. This one is from a '69 and needed some repairs but you get the idea. I think it looks pretty sharp.

hpqscan0004.jpg

easy one for me WHITE my last dart had black int.this time blue ext white int trust me change is good.now when is that dam truck coming with my white seat covers.

I voted white, I know its harder to keep white clean, but any mopar I have seen with white interior, I love! my next project will have white interior.

Jason

If your grandmother's car looked like this one you had one bad-*** granny!

Actually, she is 84, and could still smoke you off the line..no joke. My grandpa, and her used to take separate vehicals when out visiting, just so they could race. They had six sons, all were Dodge boys, except for one(He worked at the local Chevy dealership).

My dad has white in his gtx,i tried to talk him into black when he redid the car and he said the black doesnt "snap" like the white.I seen one like it this summer with black and he was right,white really brought it out.Bad thing is other than the dirt it seemed to yellow as well.37 years though im sure i will yellow a bit too!I will go with black on yours,has advantages as well as disadvantages.Shop around the internet,surely theres a white one out there
similiar body color as yours.Tough decision but its yours to choose.

I cant make up my mind, I liked my 73 red Challenger with white int.
But I must be thinking to hard, I will sleep on this one too.

So what's your thoughts so far John! :-D

Well.....

I'm used to the Black, but the White would really make the car stand-out....

But White can be a PIA to keep clean.....

The Black IS hotter than Hell in the summer....

The White *might* be too "pretty" for my tastes....

<sigh....> With the votes swaying from 75% Black to being now only 60%, I figure if we let this roll I'll be no closer to an answer! And as for finding another Turquoise `68 Fastback I'll wait forever... never mind the odds of finding one with a White interior.

My thoughts? I'm going to go make an egg white omlete w/ peppers & onions for breakfast.... =P~

Two colors, white and the color of the body, take care of it, dont let now one eat sloppy joes in it and you should be good to go, it matches the body's color better than black.

Lots of cars came with combination white and black interior. This one is from a '69 and needed some repairs but you get the idea. I think it looks pretty sharp.

I have the other Turquoise '68-S (notch) and it actually came new with the combination black and white. It was changes some time ago to all black but I had the black and white in my red '69 (pictured on page 2). At first I didnt like it but it grew on me. If I had a choice I would without a doubt, go with the black and white. Most everyone has black, it looks good but the combo black/white is really different and looks great.

I'm in the process of switching my dart from a white bench to black buckets so my opinion is obvious. You can see the tops of my old white seats in my sig pict below. The black/white interior looked ok, but I wanted a triple black car with buckets and a floor shifter.

After awhile of thinking this over I said Black for that fine beast of yours John.

=P~:cheers:

-
Back