original color or change

-

gricela

Reaction score
picked up a unmolsted 69 340 swinger t5 bronze with the gator grain roof.like to go b5 blue with the b7 roof. seen one on ebay and it looked sweet.keep it original or change. thanks

keep this 340 dart the way it was born, but if I wanted it changed I would.

T5 bronze with the gator grain roof sounds pretty cool, I would have to see pics, but bottom line is ....do it how You want, what makes You happy, nothing else matters.

Let's see you found a car that is an unmolested original in tasteful colors and you want to change the colors. I'm usually all for doing whatever you want to your own car but the saying is its only original once, so in this case I wouldn't paint it. Probably a lot cheaper and quicker to sell it and find one in a color you like - right now original cars are the thing so it's a good time to sell a car like that.

Depends on what you want. Resale it's better keep it original.. If your never selling it then do whatever you want.

Personally for me, I like the sound of the color combo it is originally. It's different. Too many blue darts around al ready. It will just blend in to the surroundings if its blue. Should stand out in bronze.

I would honestly leave it the T5.
That's one of the best looking colors on a '69 Swinger in my opinion.
Find a blue car that was changed to bronze and change it back..... lol

this is the closest thing I could find on google, I like it, would prob leave it like it is.

Attachments

• 1969_Dart_GTS.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 420
Born Bahama yellow v24 car painted it ford orange and ford blackout. Make it what you like and want to keep.

Attachments

• dus2.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 422
  • dus3.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 406
T5 bronze is one of my favorite colors!! It really pops in the sun and like great with a vinyl top and rear stripe, my buddy has a unrestored 69 Bee that is T5 and it looks awesome!! Plus, you don't see many T5 cars anymore....

Do what you want, is your car, but I have a feeling if you go with the original color you will grow to like it too!!

Keep it original. Cool car...definite conversation piece at any car show or when your out cruising.

I would keep it original, that's just my opinion. That being said, opinions are like butholes...everybodys got one. It is YOUR car, do with it what makes you happy.

With a cool color like T5 I would keep it that way. tmm

picked up a unmolsted 69 340 swinger t5 bronze with the gator grain roof.like to go b5 blue with the b7 roof. seen one on ebay and it looked sweet.keep it original or change. thanks
here it is. last on the road in 76

Attachments

• dodge dart 008.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 410
  • dodge dart 005.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 397
  • dodge dart 004.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 417
  • dodge dart 006.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 396
  • dodge dart 002.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 390
I'll add my $0.02 CDN and say "Keep it Original".

Pull it out and wash it good...then look at it REAL close...for a long time. Think of all the work you'll have to do to change colors....interior, dash frame, carpet (looks like you've already made a decision there), inside trunk and engine compartment (pull the engine, clear the firewall, etc.) , upholstery, and on and on.

Like what has been said...it's only original once, and, for retaining value, original is better.

I wold stay with the original color.

In fact, I don't think I would even re-paint it. Clean up what you got, get all the correct parts back on it and enjoy.

Unrestored cars are the attention getters these days.

I had a 70 duster that color and i wanted to paint it. Then after the years it grew on me. Now t is one of my favorite colors. I think that car looks better the original color. Either way that is a sweet car !!! It is you car so you get to choose. Now make the right choice and leave it stock !!! J/k Lol

Well its your car so do as you want to. That's my 69s factory color. I went with Viper red. But the week we painted the car I wasn't sure weather it was gona be b5 or Viper red. All 3 looks good on the car.

Love the bronze and think almost every car is blue red or high impact at a show. Why make it what every one else has? Dare to be different.

-
Back