Original pedal to drive by wire

-

DM7969

Reaction score
Old question and can’t find the info. 68 Charger, 6.1 w/factory EFI and auto trans. Using original factory pedal and factory DBW controller box. Looking for suggestions and possible pictures.

Thanks in advance, Darryl

Not sure on that one, the APP sensors are in the drive by wire pedal... you'll need that !

I think early 2003/2004 hemi trucks had a cable pedal to DBW box...

I think early 2003/2004 hemi trucks had a cable pedal to DBW box...
You are correct, they are not easy to get and expensive. My buddy just went through this on his 67 cuda. Has the 5.7L out of a 03 ram, took him forever to locate a new apps ...
He is currently finishing his 72 scamp. Has the drivetrain out of a '12 srt challenger. 6.4 and the 6spd, he's using the challengers throttle pedal on a modified mounting bracket.

O3 04 truck or Durango. I had one and ditched it and used position pedal. Much cleaner install. Unless you already have your harness for the 03/04 setup you will have to change it for the position pedal. Or vise versa

Old question and can’t find the info. 68 Charger, 6.1 w/factory EFI and auto trans. Using original factory pedal and factory DBW controller box. Looking for suggestions and possible pictures.

Thanks in advance, Darryl

I made a bracket and used the newer pedal.

Acc Pedal Bracket.jpeg.jpg

Acc Pedal Bracket 2.jpeg.jpg

Thanks for the feedback everybody. We are aware that we can use a factory DBW pedal. He has already purchased the TPPS box, with intent to keep his original factory pedal.

Start calling the scrap yards. I’ve bought a few 2005 ECMs for $75 each over the past few years from local yards. If you know the correct term I can check here if you want. There are plenty of wrecked trucks in Texas.

-
Back