OSAC valve elimination

-

dodgemahal

Reaction score
Can someone tell me the best way to route vacuum lines to eliminate the OSAC? Is it as simple as just running the hose from the vacuum advance canister to a ported fitting on the carb? A schematic would be cool, even if drawn by hand.

1) year make and model- I left my guessing hat at the shop.

2) what is an OSCA ?

3) pictures are very helpful.

Wow, I really dropped the ball on that one. I meant OSAC valve. 1973 Dodge Dart. 225 ci. Where did you see OSCA? You old leg puller!

The valve on the firewall designed to delay vacuum advance for 15 seconds in the name of clean air.

Just run the vacuum line from the carb port to the distributor and that’s that.

Did that have anything to do with the Clean Burn stuff I have heard so much about?

Did that have anything to do with the Clean Burn stuff I have heard so much about?
Clean burn? 0r “Leanburn” ignition/emission system?
I’m haven’t heard of “Cleanburn.”

Leanburn is the first (rudimentary) computer mounted on the side of the air cleaner. It controlled the spark and timing. No OSCA valve that I can remember. Some air cleaners (years unknown) did have something like it if not “IT” on the air leaner housing.

Last edited:
Okay. Thanks!
and if your car has the vacuum diagram in the engine bay, you can post a photo of it and we can mark that too.
Its one of the most annoying emissions controls Chrysler ever adopted.

and if your car has the vacuum diagram in the engine bay, you can post a photo of it and we can mark that too.
Its one of the most annoying emissions controls Chrysler ever adopted.
I'll have to take a look at that. I've been busy doing bodywork and haven't noticed. I had to chase down a no spark condition, but once solved, it runs nice. At least in idle, lol.

-
Back