OT: Ram Window/Glass ?

-

GTXperience

Orig Stealth Mod
Reaction score
Sorry for the off-topic question folks but at least, it is Mopar-related. I have a '98 Ram Quad Cab and broke the pop out window handle on the rear door. I bought a new arm, pulled the panel, and replaced it but I still have the broken circular piece glued to the window. How do you remove that adhered piece without doing any damage? Is there something to spray on it to make the glue release? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

i have used air-craft remover to get that super adhesive off glass before, just be real careful, anything it touches it will take the paint off. also may wanna check with a local glass shop, they may have a better idea

i have used air-craft remover to get that super adhesive off glass before, just be real careful, anything it touches it will take the paint off. also may wanna check with a local glass shop, they may have a better idea

Thanks for the reply. Part of the palstic arm is still attached to the glass. Picture a 1 3/4" round disc still stuck to the window. Are you saying to use the aircraft stripper around the edges, let it soften, have at it with a blade and then repeat until I can get the rest of the arm off?

As for calling glass shops, I haven't found any there were willing to share how they would remove it but they were all for bringing my truck in and letting them do it. ;-)

-
Back