over priced junk

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dart_Doctor

Asa style
Reaction score
Ok over priced junk ive been on this site for over a year now :blob:
:protest:Now ive ive been looking at the for sale stuff and theres a alot of guys on there that ask whats right ...... but others have like 50 posts for parts and they bump and bump but there asking 2 times what the next guy wants :banghead:](*,)
i know im going to buy from the cheaper guy how bout u ? now im not saying any names or trying to make a place that a call out of the dum dums that over price the stuff :violent1:

Hey Ive lowered my prices twice lol. What more do you want from me??

Asking price and value are personal opinions. Final selling price reflects what that buyer is willing to pay.

theres tons of over priced garbage for sale all over the net. if someone is stupid enough to buy it who am i to argue?

Some guys on here make a pretty good living at sell expensive garbage.

I've sold and bought stuff from guys on here and never once
had any problems.
Pictures and a mans word closed the deals.
I always paid a fair to excellent price on everything
or thanked them for their time and moved on.
I didn't leave my chair during any of the transactions.
I'd say that alone is reason enough to not *****.

Your idea of what something is worth is subject to availability
in your area most times.

theres tons of over priced garbage for sale all over the net. if someone is stupid enough to buy it who am i to argue?

I can't go along with that either. If you look at the worlds monetary system, the only thing worthy of purchase is gold. Converting your cash into anything else is stupid. We can't eat it though.
A butcher will carve out some nice steaks and ask 9 dollars per pound.
What doesn't sell is turned into ground beef and offered at 3 dollars per pound. It's all the same cow and it's all turned to poop eventually.
Is the butcher stupid ?
Are all of the buyers stupid ?
Are those shoppers who look for nice steaks at the ground beef price stupid ?
Everyone is at their own degree of stupid ?

Trying to figure out the point of the original post to begin with.

If someone has something to sell and you don't like the price, move on....maybe having a small chuckle at their expense while doing so.

If they can sell it at that price, more power to them.

If not, they will either drop their price till it sells or sit on the parts forever.

Why :banghead: when its no big deal?

I feel I need to throw my 2 centavos's into this, both my experience and lessons learned:

1. I was ALWAYS taught, that a good deal is when two parties , one selling and one buying come together and mutually agree on a price where BOTH are satisfied. IT does not matter WHAT that price is, it matters that both are satisfied and you will notice that does not include ANYONE else!

2. WHEN YOU are selling something it is GOLD and Others say it is JUNK,and you are a cheap bastard if you make any comments to the contrary

3. When OTHERS are selling something IT IS NOW GOLD and you are a cheap bastard if you make any comments to the contrary.

4. LESSON of 2 & 3 if you like the part, negotiate if you reach an agreement it is a good deal, if not say THANKS and move on! NO ONE is either CHEAP OR a BASTARD JUST BECAUSE THEY DO NOT AGREE WITH YOU!

5. IT is the SELLERS JOB to ask as much as he feels his goods are worth, it is the BUYERS JOB to negotiate with the seller, what he is willing to PAY! IF negotiations fail, there are other sellers and other buyers, REMEMBER it is the sellers right to ask what he wants and it is the buyers right to agree or refuse to pay. Simple as that.

6. ONE MANS TRASH is ANOTHER MANS TREASURE : meaning SOMEONE thinks what they bought is well worth what they paid, WHO are you to comment to the contrary? You're not even INVOLVED in the transaction!!

7. FREE ENTERPRISE is and always has been driven by supply & demand, NOT BY OPINION!

8. WANT & NEED go hand in hand with supply & demand, Chrysler has pretty much always been the NUMBER 3 automaker in the US. HENCE ANY Chrysler made part or car is far rare-er than the other two combined and consequently COSTS MORE across the board!

9. FORD & CHEVY parts can be had for peanuts, Chrysler made parts are far more rare and cost 3x as much! EVERYONE WHO OWNS A CHRYSLER PRODUCT KNOWS THIS! DID YOU REALLY THINK YOU WOULD GET THEM FOR FREE? OR FOR LESS THAN THE COMPARABLE FOR OR CHEVY PART? if the answer is yes, then you will spend the rest of your project and the rest of your ownership of your Chrysler product, a disappointed person.

10. I have built a number of project cars (30+) I have therefore bought a truckload or two of parts. Whenever I think that I have spent too much and I grumble about the seller asking too much....I REMEMBER..... that I needed that part and NO ONE HELD ME DOWN AND FORCED ME TO BUY IT! I reached into my OWN pocket and paid for the part!! SO I HAVE NO ONE TO BLAME BUT ME!

MORAL of my TOP TEN: I have been around here for about 6 years. I have seen lots of sellers & buyers. I have seen parts change hands without a penny being exchanged. I have seen things to the contrary. If I offer a part to my FABO family first, and get NOTHING but slams, I sell it elsewhere. Conversely, I have sold parts here that weren't even listed for pretty close to my asking price, which both parties agreed was "reasonable" and "fair."
POINT BEING: if ya like it buy it, if ya don't like it DON'T BUY IT and STFU about it! WHY SLAM another member just because he is selling for 10 and you ONLY have 5!! QUIT acting like a little kid and devote that energy to making another 5 so you can get what you need! OR put the 5 down and say you'll be back in a certain agreed time with the other 5!! NEGOTIATIONS MAKE THE WORLD GO ROUND...........BITCHING JUST MAKES IT NOISY !!!

I can't go along with that either. If you look at the worlds monetary system, the only thing worthy of purchase is gold. Converting your cash into anything else is stupid. We can't eat it though.
A butcher will carve out some nice steaks and ask 9 dollars per pound.
What doesn't sell is turned into ground beef and offered at 3 dollars per pound. It's all the same cow and it's all turned to poop eventually.
Is the butcher stupid ?
Are all of the buyers stupid ?
Are those shoppers who look for nice steaks at the ground beef price stupid ?
Everyone is at their own degree of stupid ?

if you don't shop around and get stuck with garbage beef at a higher price then yes, you are an idiot.

If you like something and really want it but you don't like the price then offer a price, that you feel confortable with. When I have something for sale I always add, OBO, which stands for "or best offer". Sure, everybody over prices their stuff and as previously stated, if you pay the asking price, that is your business. You thought it was worth it or you couldn't find it elsewhere. The price I get is something I am happy with and one that you like too.

Quit ](*,)

I feel I need to throw my 2 centavos's into this, both my experience and lessons learned:

1. I was ALWAYS taught, that a good deal is when two parties , one selling and one buying come together and mutually agree on a price where BOTH are satisfied. IT does not matter WHAT that price is, it matters that both are satisfied and you will notice that does not include ANYONE else!

2. WHEN YOU are selling something it is GOLD and Others say it is JUNK,and you are a cheap bastard if you make any comments to the contrary

3. When OTHERS are selling something IT IS NOW GOLD and you are a cheap bastard if you make any comments to the contrary.

4. LESSON of 2 & 3 if you like the part, negotiate if you reach an agreement it is a good deal, if not say THANKS and move on! NO ONE is either CHEAP OR a BASTARD JUST BECAUSE THEY DO NOT AGREE WITH YOU!

5. IT is the SELLERS JOB to ask as much as he feels his goods are worth, it is the BUYERS JOB to negotiate with the seller, what he is willing to PAY! IF negotiations fail, there are other sellers and other buyers, REMEMBER it is the sellers right to ask what he wants and it is the buyers right to agree or refuse to pay. Simple as that.

6. ONE MANS TRASH is ANOTHER MANS TREASURE : meaning SOMEONE thinks what they bought is well worth what they paid, WHO are you to comment to the contrary? You're not even INVOLVED in the transaction!!

7. FREE ENTERPRISE is and always has been driven by supply & demand, NOT BY OPINION!

8. WANT & NEED go hand in hand with supply & demand, Chrysler has pretty much always been the NUMBER 3 automaker in the US. HENCE ANY Chrysler made part or car is far rare-er than the other two combined and consequently COSTS MORE across the board!

9. FORD & CHEVY parts can be had for peanuts, Chrysler made parts are far more rare and cost 3x as much! EVERYONE WHO OWNS A CHRYSLER PRODUCT KNOWS THIS! DID YOU REALLY THINK YOU WOULD GET THEM FOR FREE? OR FOR LESS THAN THE COMPARABLE FOR OR CHEVY PART? if the answer is yes, then you will spend the rest of your project and the rest of your ownership of your Chrysler product, a disappointed person.

10. I have built a number of project cars (30+) I have therefore bought a truckload or two of parts. Whenever I think that I have spent too much and I grumble about the seller asking too much....I REMEMBER..... that I needed that part and NO ONE HELD ME DOWN AND FORCED ME TO BUY IT! I reached into my OWN pocket and paid for the part!! SO I HAVE NO ONE TO BLAME BUT ME!

MORAL of my TOP TEN: I have been around here for about 6 years. I have seen lots of sellers & buyers. I have seen parts change hands without a penny being exchanged. I have seen things to the contrary. If I offer a part to my FABO family first, and get NOTHING but slams, I sell it elsewhere. Conversely, I have sold parts here that weren't even listed for pretty close to my asking price, which both parties agreed was "reasonable" and "fair."
POINT BEING: if ya like it buy it, if ya don't like it DON'T BUY IT and STFU about it! WHY SLAM another member just because he is selling for 10 and you ONLY have 5!! QUIT acting like a little kid and devote that energy to making another 5 so you can get what you need! OR put the 5 down and say you'll be back in a certain agreed time with the other 5!! NEGOTIATIONS MAKE THE WORLD GO ROUND...........BITCHING JUST MAKES IT NOISY !!!

+5 Excellent post.

Some things will bring a high price if they are not being re-produced. Think of it like this pay what the seller wants or try to find a needle in a hay stack. From the sellers point of view if they sell something that rarely is seen then they will probably have to pay big to get it back or take a chance on never seeing it again.

Well if you don't like the prices people offer parts for online you could always go and do what I did for years and go touring around the country and get them yourself from junkyards and from buying parts cars. Not as easy as you might think. Consider that when bitching about what someone wants for a part, most of them didn't just surface for sale from no where.

We'll, this is not how I like to start my day, with this kind of thing...... Anyway's, I could not have said it any better than how 66cuda wrote his post out!!!!!!!!!!!! I think he is is real stand up guy, for putting it like he see's it!!!! To much controversy out there over nothing!!!!! If you have that much time on your hand's, with nothing else to do, then please send me a PM as I have ton's of thing's that need done around here!! Just my 2 cent's. Have a good day FABO member's.

I dont know how some venders stay in business.

There prices are out of this country.

:-({|= People are free to change what they want, not what others deem is fair.

Simple: if you don't like the price, don't buy it.

We'll, this is not how I like to start my day, with this kind of thing...... Anyway's, I could not have said it any better than how 66cuda wrote his post out!!!!!!!!!!!! I think he is is real stand up guy, for putting it like he see's it!!!! To much controversy out there over nothing!!!!! If you have that much time on your hand's, with nothing else to do, then please send me a PM as I have ton's of thing's that need done around here!! Just my 2 cent's. Have a good day FABO member's.

Pretty much gets right to the meat n taters.............

I bought a transmission from a guy I met on another board not too long ago. After speaking on the phone I made an offer and he countered $25 LESS.

Word of mouth is the best PR and advertising a seller can get. The investment goes both ways.

It's as much about the people as the parts when it comes to the hobby/community aspect.

Best way to combat overpriced items is not to buy them. Works like a charm unless someone else buys what you need and you can't find another.

i see it like this.....He has it.... i don't....i need it....its not available anywhere else, ....so i buy it...

or, i buy it if i cant make it for that....

::EDIT::

But I sure as hell aint gonna buy no 2500 dollar cross ram intake for a smallblock. 700 maybe, but not no 2500 big ones. :wack:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back