Pace Setter Headers

-

phish1270

phish1270
Reaction score
Has anyone tried these on an early A-body ('63-'66)? Curious if they would work with power steering the way they are designed. They are for '92-'95 5.2/5.9l motors. Amazon has them for $343 ceramic coated. My guess is that they will not work or someone would have mentioned them but I could not find any threads when I searched FABO. Thanks
PSM-72C1315.jpg

I still think they hit the steering column up high. They look at least 2.5X tube diameter out from the flange. This is all you got, bro. The steering box stud is just to the right of the centerline of the steering column, so you have very little clearance here. 2 tubes wide would put you right in the middle. A pretty good model to modify would be any header that has the #3 tube go back and down, that way you only need to tuck 1 tube behind the starter, cutting and welding it again, this is one Im working on.
DSC00183.JPG

Buy a set, try them out and take a lot of pics. Betting that they aren't an "easy bolt on" mod. But then again, maybe all of us early A-body owners have somehow continued to miss this silver bullet year after year.

Pretty sure the #1 tube wants to occupy the same space as the steering gearbox. Same story for the flange and the column.

-
Back