Painless mopar kit...

-
Reaction score
Does anybody have any experience with a whole re-wire kit from Painless?

Is it exactly like the name states, painless? Easy to read and do instructions?

i havent used painless, but i did rewire my valiant with an ezwiring kit. same this as a painless but for 200 dollars instead of whatever painless wants. it wasnt too bad to wire the car and their tech line was very helpful.

no personal experience....but everyone I've ever talk to about the Painless brand said it is PAINFUL...don't know why...i guess most people don't like electrical...

its just wires...

good luck! Aloha!

do you need the factory connectors for the dash harness? i been thinking about using the ezwiring. but i don't have an original haness to work with

I have an American auto wire kit. I haven't installed it yet but it looks decent.

Their is a difference between painless and ez though painless is American made and ez is koren.
The wires on the American auto wire kit are also fire resistant, and labeled often.

I have an American auto wire kit. I haven't installed it yet but it looks decent.

Their is a difference between painless and ez though painless is American made and ez is koren.
The wires on the American auto wire kit are also fire resistant, and labeled often.

That must be the newer kits, I bought an EZ wire kit about ten years ago for my 50 Merc and it was made in Florida. It also has the wires labeled every 6" the only difference between the EZ and the Painless then was Painless were color coded and EZ wires are black with white lettering, otherwise they were identical. It sounds like the American Auto kit is worth looking into.

Oh, and before anyone says anything. My Merc has a complete Mopar driveline going in it. You can't deny the sleek looks of a chopped 50

Blownfish...do you need any chrome for that Merc???pm sent...

I used a painless system on a 50 Studebaker, the dumbass I did it for threw the instruction sheet away, but everything was marked clearly and I was able to get most of it...he sold the car before I finished...without the instructions I didn't know where I needed relay, like the starter or headlamp switch...I don't know if that's included in the instructions or not....
IIRC...BJR Racing, a member on here is Painless Wiring, or affiliated with them.

My Duster hada Painless kit in it. The previous owner installed it and said it was pretty easy - he had zero car experience...

BTW - Painless Performance Products is from here in Fort Worth, TX - please support our local economy. Plus, I know the Lead Engineer - great guy, total car nut!

I recently installed a Painless wire harness. It isn't too bad. They also make a custom gauge harness. If you want to use the original gauges I would recommend finding the schematics for your car and wire it according. It took me ruffly 16 hours to install the kit, and that was with tearing out the old wire harness.

-
Back