Paint code

-

crazy 340

Reaction score
Need help

went to napa for buying paint for my car the paint code is fc7 plum crazy purple

they told me they cannot make anymore that paint , dupont no longer have the recepies to make it

does someone can help me out

dont tell me to go else where to buy it where i live there is not much place who make paint

Need help

went to napa for buying paint for my car the paint code is fc7 plum crazy purple

they told me they cannot make anymore that paint , dupont no longer have the recepies to make it

does someone can help me out

dont tell me to go else where to buy it where i live there is not much place who make paint

Hey Crazy340,

If the original paint code is not available, try the code for the plum crazy pearl that was on the 2010 Challenger. The paint code is PHG. Most of the larger bodyshops have in-house mixing systems for paint colors so if there is one near you, check with them to mix it for you.

Try a local body shop supplier or a place online like Tower Paints.

I dont know if it is water based paint that cause this problem but it pissibg me off

car was paint maybe 10 years ago and still nice but a i remove the fiber glass fender after being able to find steal one noe they are ready to be paint cant find the paint

they are suppose to come home and scan the existing paint at 2 or 3 place hope it will end up right

Get a hold of a PPG representative they will have that exact coded paint the best you can get as far as the color match and quality. Get ready for sticker shop though.

I did it thuesday

darker than mine

Car was paint 10 years ago with dupont so...

the guy at napa also came and scan the door,rear fender and the trunck lid

it end up with a porshe code and its grayer that what I have on my car

my painter will try to mix the dupont and ppg to get close to mine

got my Dart painted original Plum Crazy in December - doubt if it went away that quick. The paint shop asked about using the new or old color of Plum Crazy, when I said old, he said that's a good thing because it would cost an extra $2000 for the new Plum Crazy. Want me to call and find out where he got the paint?
DSC01145.JPG
DSC01140.JPG

got my Dart painted original Plum Crazy in December - doubt if it went away that quick. The paint shop asked about using the new or old color of Plum Crazy, when I said old, he said that's a good thing because it would cost an extra $2000 for the new Plum Crazy. Want me to call and find out where he got the paint?
View attachment 1715707129 View attachment 1715707130
Could you and which paint did he used (dupont,ppg)??? And if it is could he ask for the recepies

I'll call on Monday. shop's closed today. Should be able to get brand and code

Paintref.com has multiple paint manufacturer cross reference numbers.
I looked up my 1968 LL1 and found numbers for 6 different manufacturers.

-
Back