Paint Color for Radiator support

-

56Steve

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 69 Cuda and was wondering what color the front of the radiator support around hedlights to the frame should be.
Mine is a mess some body color and allot black.

Thanks for any help!

56Steve

The factory never taped any detail lines there.Tthey simply shot the general area ( what would show through the grilles ) with flat black.

Body color covered up with black.

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 525
My research showed it depends on the color of your car, as some darker colors did not get this treatment. The general consensus is the black out was sprayed from below and as some mentioned, without masking.

google barracuda blackout and you find many example of "factory style" and more refined blackouts.

My Duster was painted from top down, It was original paint when I got it.

Flat black! A pet peeve of mine if they are left body color. Here's a prime example. You can barely see the grille. I don't like the look. What's your opinion? tmm

Attachments

• mopp_1004_13_o+1967_plymouth_valiant+comparison_2.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 433
A light colored car should be flat black and darker color cars can stay body color. I dislike seeing the core support though the grill myself. The way ma mopar is already explained

Agree toolman. I think the body color, especially on lighter cars really detracts from the look of the grill. And the grill is what sets the personality on these cars.

Grant

-
Back