paint got polished

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Well the two guys that did the body work on the Dart came today to buff out the dirt and overspray, they work very hard to get me happy and do a great job,witch they did even with me standing over there heads.There is still the issue of solvint poping but that is not there falt the paint shop will look after that. In short feel a little better now about the dart.:cheers:

i would like to post pics but to many here say I got what I paid for.So I will live with having what i got.

Wle I agree that you dont get a perfect job for what you paid theres no reason you should have solvent pop. Thats cuased by the top coat drying much faster then whats under it. If the clear dries before the base has flashed it will blow holes right through the clear.

Theres only one way to fix it. Sand it and re shoot it.

Solvent pops go all the way through, they aren't just on the surface. They are caused by gas trying to escape from one of the layers beneath the clearcoat. Like was said above, only way to fix solvent pops, if they're bad and noticeable, is to strip it and shoot it again. This time allowing proper flash times between coats. Why do guys get in such a hurry??? 10-15 minutes between coats, grab a beer or a pepsi, chill out. Some guys get a paint gun in their hands and it's pound, pound, pound. What a waste.

Well the two guys that did the body work on the Dart came today to buff out the dirt and overspray, they work very hard to get me happy and do a great job,witch they did even with me standing over there heads.There is still the issue of solvint poping but that is not there falt the paint shop will look after that. In short feel a little better now about the dart.:cheers:

I am glad to hear that the Painter is working with you and that so far you are liking the end product. If they are going to look into the solvent poping problem that means that overall they will work with you so you are satisfied. Seems like a good ending after all. I am :toothy10: for you.
:cheers:

Seems I have never had any luck with body shops doing what was promised.

Very hard to find someone willing to do a jamb up job the right way so I have promised myself that if i were to ever have another Mopar painted, I will take body shop classes and do it all myself the right way.

Seems I have never had any luck with body shops doing what was promised.

Very hard to find someone willing to do a jamb up job the right way so I have promised myself that if i were to ever have another Mopar painted, I will take body shop classes and do it all myself the right way.
I am with you brother........

-
Back