Painted! '65 Valiant Signet

-

subcom

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Finally met a huge milestone in my project. Car is painted and I'm really pleased with the outcome. This was done with a budget single stage off-white with an integrated clear added. The color is exactly what I hoped it would be. White, but not too white (though hard to tell in the pics) and pretty close to an original factory type color. "Olympic White" is the name. It's about a five footer at the moment as there is some orange peel and a few spots that need to be cleaned up, but overall I'm happy and wanted to share the joy : )

Attachments

• freshpaint1.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 398
  • freshpaint2.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 420
  • freshpaint3.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 413
  • freshpaint4.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 420
The white really offsets the red interior for a beautiful combination. Nice choice.

Looks awesome, those steelies painted white would really make her pop IMHO. Did you paint yourself ?

Oldschoolcuda

Looks awesome, those steelies painted white would really make her pop IMHO. Did you paint yourself ?

Oldschoolcuda
Thanks. No I didn't paint it. I chickened out and had somebody else do it. I stumbled through a lot of the body work and prep. That was painful enough. Next time I decide to do body work, I'm gonna pick something with less curves in it. Like a UPS truck. I've thinking about doing the steelies white also.

that "not white" looks pretty good on yours. I couldn't see going even "not" white but wanted a lighter color on mine. originally gold on gold (wasn't going to happen either)
So I went to a "cool vanilla" lighter color and I like it being "not gold" too!
View attachment DSCF3807.jpg

Looks great bud! 64 fenders?

Thanks!
64 fenders and grill. Everything else is still 65.
I also removed some of the trim, welded up and smoothed over the holes giving it a cleaner look IMO. The rocker and trunk Signet trim is gone along with the antenna hole and trim and bumper holes on the fenders.

-
Back