Pam's Jamaican Blue Baby

-
:prayer:Momoparman!
Your doing a fantastic job on your wifes car...
I like your advise on the fuzzies getting put in first, before the glass. VERY GOOD advise!
I haven't gotten any work done on my car for a couple of days as I'm in a stall pattern for another few days. Nice to see you getting very close with your project.
Good job!

Very close....for sure.

Last night was installing the radiator, pulley's and belt along with the rad hoses and heater hoses. Using Gates power clamps instead of the screw clamps for a cleaner look. Burned the crap out of my hand trying to shrink them tight though so there is a draw back to using them....

Drive shaft is being balanced as we speak and should be ready later today for pick up.

Waiting on my trans cooler lines and the drive train will be complete.

Headers are on the boat and the intake is at another polisher who said he can make it shine no problem.

So this week I have to trailer it to the paint guy for final fixes of flaws and a cut and buff then I will start on the interior first week of April.

Couple more weeks till were 98%......the re-installation of the top will be last.

Attachments

• 100_5174.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 542
  • 100_5176.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 529
Very close....for sure.

Last night was installing the radiator, pulley's and belt along with the rad hoses and heater hoses. Using Gates power clamps instead of the screw clamps for a cleaner look. Burned the crap out of my hand trying to shrink them tight though so there is a draw back to using them....

Drive shaft is being balanced as we speak and should be ready later today for pick up.

Headers are on the boat and the intake is at another polisher who said he can make it shine no problem.

So this week I have to trailer it to the paint guy for final fixes of flaws and a cut and buff then I will start on the interior first week of April.

Couple more weeks till were 98%......the re-installation of the top will be last.
:wav:
Tou gottaLove them Gates clamps. OUCH!!

What's this?
I'm noticing Crown Royal paraphenalia I see there by your radiator?
Is the fish thirsty or were you? L.O.L!!!!!!!!!
Dang it! Now I'm thirsty.......

Nothing to see here......just an empty bag and a slight headache.

Wrong transmission cooler lines have me back in wait mode.

I'm about ready to get a flaring tool, some steel line and do it myself.

Delays is what this build is turning into lately.....very frustrating.

So another few days without getting things done......switching gears again.

Headers finally arrived and boy they are compact and fit nice. Here's a teaser pic for you. Manifold is about half way done....there was quite a bit of material to remove so the polisher, Mike is gonna need a few more days...or a week. No worries and no hurry.

Aussie Speed headers by the way...cheaper than the hooker headers
and there should be no ground clearance issues as your in charge of the design at part of the exhaust. I do have to say the header coating is thin so I'm going to put another coat or two of high temp eastwood paint on them.

Oh I put in the side window channel windlace, got the trans cooler lines in and they fit....well as usual you have to make them fit but at least they were close, put on bumper brackets, ordered bumpers (It's cheaper to get AMD then to get them plated and you don't need cores), finished the heater hoses, etc

One thing a day no matter how insignificant....it's closer than it was a week ago.

So more waiting.....gonna go to the chromer tomorrow and get the air cleaner and some batwing washers done i guess. I know I can scrounge up some more little things to do so gotta go.

Attachments

• 100_5188.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 495
  • 100_5189.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 467
Wow, that is a lot of room for the headers! Are you going to do a Y and run one big pipe out the back?

Very close....for sure.

Hey Momoparman,
How did the Gates Power clamps work out? I'm looking something different also. Are they available in different colors etc? Could you post a close up pic of how they look?
Thanks
Martin

http://www.gates.com/products/autom...ing-system/hd-hose-clamps/powergrip-sb-clamps

They go on fine. Just need a heat gun and a steady hand.

On blind entries or tight locations I heat up one side till it starts to shrink then rotate the clamp or the clamp and hose so I can heat up the other side. Once I get them both warmed up I just blast them with heat till they're tight.

I have these on my fat blu fish and they have never leaked...it's been 5 years now that I have had them on there.

They only come in black as far as I know. There may be other manufacturers though so you have to do some homework.

Been a while again and to be honest I have slowed down a bit.

Intake is still at the polishers...another week. Took the air cleaner and my bat wing washers to the plater so that a week. I have about 6 interior parts to paint then I am at a stand still again

Since I really don't have a lot to do on it right now as I wait, I started on the last of the details. Last night I painted the tail panel in dark argent to match the rest of the argent parts on the car.

As I wait for the last few parts to come in I got bored...bad thing.

Some how I ended up with another project in my garage...I call it flipper since that's why I bought it. This is how I make extra cash to buy stuff for my hot rods. So I got in flipper and tore the entire interior out including the headliner and the sunroof....what a mess. WTF am I doing?

Never drove a german car before....hate to say it but damn this thing drives like a serious sports car...probably the best handling car I have ever driven.

That's not saying much since I have not driven many exotic cars but damn.

Pretty nice for an import.

Attachments

• 100_5205.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 407
  • 100_5200.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 415
  • 100_5194.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 404
Still waiting.

Transmission lines were a joke. They twisted as soon as I tried to tighten them. The tubing is so thin on them...what a joke.....classic industries in case your wondering.

So went with stainless braided hose...new pain in the ***. Bowler kit....not the easiest to terminate the ends on that's for sure.....and I know all the tricks.

Anyway No chrome. Just got the manifold back and I am in the process of painting the headers. Maybe I get lucky and the chromer calls this week

Still having issues with one of my torsion bars so I may have to pull them both out and get a new set. One must be tired cause I cannot get the right side of the car up on that side....I have the adjuster bolt cranked all the way up and it just wont stay up.

So one step closer and ten steps backwards.

It's getting hot now to so I am losing my motivation to work....sucks.

OK. Back from the plater and back in action.

Didn't have much time last night but I did manage to install the headers and the manifold.

Well...you can't do one without the other on a slanty. So we are now figuring out the brackets for throttle cable and kick down cable. It's going to be a bit tricky since the intake is so close to the master cylinder but I have a plan and started mocking up a bracket.

So now the push is back on. Still doing at least one thing a day and I am down to a one page list :cheers:

Couple pics.

Enjoy,

Mop

Attachments

• 100_5225.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 351
  • 100_5224.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 349
Drool.................... Man, that is so sharp looking! Keep it up and you'll be cruisin before you know it.

I already cruising....fat blu fish......thats part of the problem. :-D

I need to stay out of my car and on this one for sure.

My wife has been dropping by the garage more and more and I hear her mention at least once a week how much she's looking forward to having her car back.

Remember, I took it away 3 years ago for a quick tune up of the engine bay.....she's been real patient with me.

I'm on it boss...:-D

More work done.

Final modification to the air cleaner base to drop it down close to the carb. It's gonna be close for clearance but I can use a shorter air cleaner element to drop it down a bit more if I have to.

Got the intake/exhaust tightened up and I had to make a bracket for the throttle return spring since there are no provisions.

I used 3 different parts of some old linkage I keep around and came up with a simpe bracket that clears the accelerator pump lever on the carb.

So I need two fittings for the radiator lines and no more excuses. Time to fire it up or bring it back to the body shop for touch up and final alignment of doors.

Few pics

Mop

Attachments

• 100_5255.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 329
  • 100_5256.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 340
  • 100_5265.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 346
Bracket photo

for reference purposes I guess :-D

I drilled it out with lightening holes and painted it silver but I cant get the final product photo to load.

Oh well nuff bragging back to working

P.O.
:cheers:

Attachments

• 100_5260.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 350
Hey Momoparman,
Have you fired the engine yet? I was wondering how the PowerGrips are working. I've put them on my car but have not cranked it yet. One of the fuel lines feels just loose enough that you can twist the rubber hose with force, I was just wondering if thats normal, and I read that they will tighten up more as the engine gets hot. Oh yeah, I had major problems with the repo trans lines also, pain in the butt.

Been working on reassembly. I just got it back from the body shop. We had to fix a couple mistakes and buff it one more time. Motor is ready to fire and I am shooting for Tuesday or Wednesday.

Got my torsion bar mount problem corrected and the car is set and aligned.

Yesterday I stripped and painted the convertible top frame and I am installing that today.

Lots of parts to put back on and the weekend is almost over.

Attachments

• 100_5327.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 239
  • 100_5330.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 262
  • 100_5335.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 248
Hey Momoparman,
Have you fired the engine yet? I was wondering how the PowerGrips are working. I've put them on my car but have not cranked it yet. One of the fuel lines feels just loose enough that you can twist the rubber hose with force, I was just wondering if thats normal, and I read that they will tighten up more as the engine gets hot. Oh yeah, I had major problems with the repo trans lines also, pain in the butt.

If your fuel line is twisting you may have to heat it up again. Heat, rotate 1/2 turn and heat again. If it still twists and eventually leaks then you may have to get a smaller Gates hose clamp.

If there is fuel in it already then be super careful and get it all out before you apply heat.

Good luck.

good lord thats a gorgeous car nice work, love the color. I already had to tell my wife "no" to a color change on 67;-) thank god she didn't see that you're building that for your wife!

Thank you thank you thank you.....my wife is happy.

So not much done Monday....Put on the Barracuda script on the fenders. I don't know whats wrong but I am having trouble getting motivated now that I'm at the end. All the parts are here and you would think I would be working 24hrs round the clock on this last stretch but nooooooooo.

Hope to get some carpet in tonight. ONE THING A DAY NO MATTER HOW SMALL.

I swear I will get it done before summer is over.

-
Back