Pan Baffles and/or Windage Trays???

-

805moparkid

Slant and AFX Guy
Reaction score
any upgrades or things you add to the oil pan area to incease volume, oil control, etc...

thanks in advance...

Yes to the windage tray and yes to pan baffles. Crank scrapers, IMO, are more suited to when you're trying to wring every last scrap of power out of the engine by minimizing parasitic losses eg. sticky oil.

Yes to the windage tray and yes to pan baffles. Crank scrapers, IMO, are more suited to when you're trying to wring every last scrap of power out of the engine by minimizing parasitic losses eg. sticky oil.

thats what i was thinking but i would like to see what people have done for oil control, baffles, damns...

All these people sayin yes to this and yes to that......FIND a damned slant windage tray. I'll buy one TODAY. and I'm talkin WINDAGE TRAY, not crank scraper.

All these people sayin yes to this and yes to that......FIND a damned slant windage tray. I'll buy one TODAY. and I'm talkin WINDAGE TRAY, not crank scraper.

i'll give mike jefferies a call tomarrow, heard ha=e had/made them but maybe he has some tips/tricks...

would love to make the pan on sl6.org but space and time makes it really not doable...

thx

Jesus Stroker cool your jets, Moparkid asked if windage trays were a good idea and I replied that they were, hell I'd put trays in everything if I could.
He didn't ask where he could find a windage tray for a /6 and if he had I wouldn't have been able to say.

Jesus Stroker cool your jets, Moparkid asked if windage trays were a good idea and I replied that they were, hell I'd put trays in everything if I could.
He didn't ask where he could find a windage tray for a /6 and if he had I wouldn't have been able to say.

im sorry thats my fault... i didn't make it clear what i was looking for. i am looking for upgrades for oil control (windage trays, baffles, etc) and or extra volume...

any help?

Oh, I'm fine. I just wanna know where to FIND one. LMAO

Mike Jeffries makes them, but you need to order now. I think Kevin at crank scrapers.com also makes them for the slant.

I've looked over crank scrapers.com and that's a very confusing site. To me anyway. Have you got contact info for Mike Jeffries?

I've looked over crank scrapers.com and that's a very confusing site. To me anyway. Have you got contact info for Mike Jeffries?

im gonna call him right now and post what i get...

i'll see if he wants me to pm his phone number to people who want it...

any pics?? do you modify the sump at all (volume)?

I might have pics at home but I did deepen the pan by about 2.5". I hold 7quarts in the sump only.

It seems the stock pan would have a lot of slosh even with baffles. If I recall, 5 quarts was over the sump and would slosh rearward into the crank under any acceleration.

I might have pics at home but I did deepen the pan by about 2.5". I hold 7quarts in the sump only.

It seems the stock pan would have a lot of slosh even with baffles. If I recall, 5 quarts was over the sump and would slosh rearward into the crank under any acceleration.

SS: he siad i can give out his home number to those who would like to talk to him, so pm for it

223: how did u modify the sump/pick u p to work with the deeper pan?

i have an idea but curious to see how u did it. my car should be in the 13.5 range or faster so im really wanting to get oil control down now before it gets faster...

-
Back