panels behind grille - '68 barracuda

-

Dave NEO

Reaction score
should these be color of car or blacked out? what was factory? mine match car but thinking of flat black - thnx..

I'm pretty sure the metal around the radiator was the body color as it came from the factory. However, IMO, it will look much better if painted flat black.

If Ma Mopar stuck to their "rules", when the car was a 'light color' it got a sloppily applied matte black spray from below . But as we all know, there are always exceptions to every rule. I don't like seeing body color through the grille, so I'd do it.

Yep the out side of the rad. support was painted flat black unless the car was black. It was paint from under the car. Do it you will be happy with it

I posted pics of my 67 fish core support before. One can see there was no masking effort or completion in any direction. They just shot a little black on the area that would be seen through the grilles. I never like seeing body color through the grilles but... I have seen body color on the normally argent color portion of the B'cuda grilles and that looked pretty good. This made the chrome outer edge look like a separate piece of trim applied to a more complete body/header panel. Also suggests that their flat argent on all was simply the less expensive route.

-
Back