Part it or try to sell it whole?

-

joemoy29

Reaction score
So I have a 67 barracuda fastback car is fairly complete. Missing front seats and some interior stuff. Body has some rust and bad dent on the driver door. No rust on frame. I was told it's a matching numbers 318 don't know much about the early a bodies. I don't have a ton of money in the car but I am tight on space. Car is in Nj are these parts or cars in demand?

Some pics

IMG_4199.JPG

IMG_7012.JPG

IMG_7013.JPG

IMG_7016.JPG

IMG_7022.JPG

318 wasn't available in the Barracuda until 68, it's not a matching number 318 car....

That most likely was a 273 from the factory...

but I would try to sell it whole vs part it out as it's fixable and could make a nice car when done...

And that's why I ask you guys lol. Any idea of value?

And that's why I ask you guys lol. Any idea of value?

It depends on how complete it is and if it's running or not...

Everyone will tell you it's worth alot, but it's hard to get that much when you try to sell it.... :BangHead:

I would say that it's a 273 2 bbl car as I do not see any formula S emblems on it...

It does have a bracket for a console, and the bumper guards and hood mounted turn signals were options also....

It looks pretty solid...

So you have that going for you...

That is not an "early A" :)

they are worth more in parts but that is the holy grail car to most, me included.

I would try to keep it in one piece just for the passion of it, once it's dead and gone .....it will never be again.

that is so cool of a car, I would restore it without any question

I was born in 83 they are all early to me lol
Nice !!

born in 86 and I still know the difference. :p

in all seriousness tho......the best way to determine if you should part it or sell it whole.

Post a for sale ad here on fabo and state the price you need for the whole thing. Ads here are free.

if it don't sell at your price that you need then you know you what you have to do.

I was in the same situation with a valiant, I told a few dudes what I absolutely need for it and its still here so I know where I stand, even though I am not parting it out, I would just as soon keep it.

Keep in mind, anytime you part a car out, there is a tremendous amount of work and space needed to do so, its a time consuming mess. I don't know how valuable your time is to you but when you factor in your time, it might be worth letting it go whole.

If it has a title sell it whole, if not part it out. I would say $2500-3500 whole.

The real question: do you have a title for it?

Getting a title ain't what it used to be, and in some cases it's going to render that a parts car whether you like it or not, if the title is mia.

I wouldn't part that, its savable. Its a nice candidate for restoration, and its a fastback.

IF frame is solid, I would try to sell it whole. parting out a car is lot of work, time, hassle... and then YOU got to know what a part is actually worth.

I know this is not the right spot I will post a ad this afternoon but I only need to get 1800 for it

For $1800 someone will surely buy it, Than they will part it out guaranteed!

Jeff

Geez I hope not, that car isn't ready for part out, it needs to be put back on the road. Y'all cant be serious about parting it, that's just greed, get a job if you need money :)

If there is any respect for the car at all, it wont be parted.

I would say that it's a 273 2 bbl car as I do not see any formula S emblems on it...

It does have a bracket for a console, and the bumper guards and hood mounted turn signals were options also....

It also has (had) the deluxe interior. Other added value would be a 150 speedo, disc brakes, etc.
Being a NJ car, the condition of the frame rails and torsion bar crossmember is critical.

Sell it whole. Trying to sell parts is a pain. I have a bunch of trim and 69 Dart parts i can't sell.

-
Back