Parts shops, San Jose, Milpitas

-

LA340

Reaction score
Hi All.

Hope this is the best place to ask the question.

My employer is sending me to the US next week for 5 days and it may make a good opportunity for me to pick up some parts that will save me some £ (or $ ) in the long run.

Thinking, intake manifold, engine bolts, gaskets etc.
Things that cost more than they should by the time they get sent to the UK if I order from home.

Have been looking online to find any auto parts shops in the Milpitas, San Jose area and I see lots of "O'Reilly" shops close by, one is walking distance from the Hotel.

Are O'Reilly any good?
Any others that anyone reading this could recommend?

Thanks!

O'Reilly is a chain store similar, albeit down the food chain from NAPA Auto. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with San Jose area, but a few miles north of Milpitas is Hayward. In Hayward you can find Vic Hubbard's Speed & Marine. I would venture to guess that would be more your style. They've been there for decades & specialize in speed equipment. Good luck & I hope you enjoy your visit to California.

~Sae

If ya can manage to get a ride to Vic Hubbard Speed Shop as mentioned, you will find a lot of good parts there. Also, there should be a Winchestor Auto store, basically a glorified NAPA Auto, with a much more speed shop feel. There is also Goodies Speed Shop, located by willow glen area...all, not too bad to get to.

what is a list of the things you need specifically? some of these stores possibly will not have what u need in stock, so a preorder or call before ya get there may be an idea...

Magnumforce is also in the area. Campbell if I remember correctly.

Thanks very much for the advice, I'll have a look at the mentioned companies web sites and call in advance to order as advised.

I was thinking of a Weiand Action Plus manifold and after that it will lighter things like gaskets and the like that will save me some more money in the long run by not importing to the UK or buying in the UK.

Time will be limited as I'll be spending long hours at work, but on the bright side I see some of the stores stay open late.

Thanks again for your help above!

If you can make the trip to Sacramento,check out Tognotti's speed shop.A old supermarket,converted.Still kicks ***.

-
Back