pass. front brake caliper bad

-

bamamopar

Reaction score
Ok with the tire on the car and jacked up. You can turn the wheel but it's very hard. We are replacing caliper and lines and everything should be good. So my real question is how much should it help in the 1/8 mile?

.0000004756 tenths depending on the caliper temperature.

.0000004756 tenths depending on the caliper temperature.

That was rich. :D:D
There really is no way to tell with out a bunch of numbers that you don't have.
How many extra pounds of rolling resistance on that side vs. a non - dragging caliper.
Heat will also be a factor , as you drive through staging and to the line , it gets hotter and expands , creating more drag.
If it isn't quicker , I'd be flabbergasted. But by how much is virtually impossible to say.
I'm going with .15 .
But that is derived from lawn dart logic and it could have landed anywhere.

why is the wheel hard to turn? what type of disc brakes? 4 piston or floating single caliper? sometimes it helps to lightly file the sliding run on the caliper adapter and the run on the caliper itself and then use some good grease to help them slide. (If you have the sliding caliper)pins in pin type calipers need to be in good shape and lightly greased. If the pistons in the calipers are sticking, they should be rebuilt. also, if you leave the wheel bearing slightly loose it will help to retract the piston, thus creating less friction at the track but you didn't hear this from me (wink wink cause it is slightly dangerous)

why is the wheel hard to turn? what type of disc brakes? 4 piston or floating single caliper? sometimes it helps to lightly file the sliding run on the caliper adapter and the run on the caliper itself and then use some good grease to help them slide. (If you have the sliding caliper)pins in pin type calipers need to be in good shape and lightly greased. If the pistons in the calipers are sticking, they should be rebuilt. also, if you leave the wheel bearing slightly loose it will help to retract the piston, thus creating less friction at the track but you didn't hear this from me (wink wink cause it is slightly dangerous)
it has the 4 piston brake set up. The caliper I'm pretty sure needed rebuilding a year or so ago. I have news ones ready to go. Thanks

May pick up a hair? Biggest benefit is you wont be trying to turn right all the time :icon_smi:.

-
Back