Patriot Full Length Headers...?

-
I would be wary about these headers. First there is not photo, second they mention fenderwell in their description, I pretty sure that it means that you will have to cut your inner fenderwells. I always look for ones on Summit that have the installation instructions posted so that you can view them before you purchase. Why not try the Schumacher Creative Tri-Y headers?

well i plan on stroking it to a 496 so the 1 5/8" tubes and 2 1/2" collector aren't big enough

and i read this

Patriot and Doug's are header product lines that both fall under the PerTronix umbrella of performance brands. Both lines offer aftermarket replacement headers for Mopar 383-440 engines. Patriot headers for 1967-'74 mid-size Mopars in natural steel (part number H8207) or ceramic coated (part number H8207-1) are manufactured from mandrel-bent
1-7/8-inch tubing and have 3-inch collectors. They are a long under-chassis header and recommended for higher-RPM performance engines. Designed for tight clearances, Patriot headers will be easier to fit around fender wells and in tight frame or steering clearance areas. Both the bare steel and ceramic-coated options come with installation hardware and gaskets. Patriot natural steel headers retail for $250, with the ceramic-coated headers priced at $500.

I just want to know if anyone has tried these and how they fit

IMHO there isnt a good fitting bb dart header available that also flows great. Maddogs come close but dont use the x member exhaust cutouts,so you loose a ton of ground clearance.

Once again I am going to state that the only header that I know will fit without cutting of the inner fenderwell or making other clearances is Scumacher's for a big block "A" body. I have looked for my self. :profilel: On the other hand my friend runs a 512 stroker from 440 source and was running TTi's headers and 2 1/2 exhaust with no problems.

Once again I am going to state that the only header that I know will fit without cutting of the inner fenderwell or making other clearances is Scumacher's for a big block "A" body. I have looked for my self. :profilel: On the other hand my friend runs a 512 stroker from 440 source and was running TTi's headers and 2 1/2 exhaust with no problems.

I stand corrected 8) Please vistit TTI's website and look at their 2" headers not the 2" step up ones. The only notes about not fitting an "A" body is that you cannot use power steering and no column shift. The only other thing is that they cost more. My Dart has power steering that I like that is why I went with the Shumacher's.

http://www.ttiexhaust.com/

well thanks those seem good i dont have power steering and i am going to do floor shift anyways so that is not a problem

i decided im going to keep it a 383 and what i heard is that B-body headers will work in a low deck big block A-body

pretty sure the 1 3/4" ttis fit with power steering. i know the column shift works with them.

will e body big block headers work in an a body like the b body headers do? there are some for sale here and it would be good to know

Hey buddy im in the same boat as you with my 69 cuda. It has the 383 and power steering, floor shift. I got tired of searching and thinking about it so i called scumachers and am done with it. They are a bit pricey but its part of the big block swap. good luck

will e body big block headers work in an a body like the b body headers do? there are some for sale here and it would be good to know

E-body will fit. We just did it with my Dads 74 Duster. You will need a manual shift column and manual gearbox, not the auto column. You will need a Mini starter. Last, you will need the smaller Manual Master cylinder with the offset bracket. You WILL get pissed during the installation!!! Gearbox-starter and header will be installed nearly at the same time. O! Make sure its a good mini starter, All 3 will have to be removed to install a starter.

Easier just to buy the T.T.I. headers and be done with it.

Just my 2cents!

Oh yea, his has a 413 in it!

Pro-Parts here. Can install (after initial install) in less than 1 hour. No need to remove for starter removal, full lock-to-lock steering, 2" into 3-1/2". Does require cutting 2 holes in the inner fenderwell, but not as much as a Hooker fenderwell header.

I have the proparts and they fit very well and can be removed with engine bolted in place BUT the slip on collector is a nightmare.

Pro-Parts here. Can install (after initial install) in less than 1 hour. No need to remove for starter removal, full lock-to-lock steering, 2" into 3-1/2". Does require cutting 2 holes in the inner fenderwell, but not as much as a Hooker fenderwell header.

i agree.. i had pro parts on my demon. they fit great. and were easy to work around.. they are made for a RB motor. guys have modified them to work on B motors but i don't know what they had to do.

Cut more fenderwell on the drivers side and lower the hole on the passenger side. Groud clearence is reduced.

-
Back