PC crashed

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
What a bummer our PC crashed yesterday,Cindy spent most of the day trying to retrieve all data.So far all 400 picsss of the resto on our Dart are lost+ all the kids, camping,parting.Not good.

The pitfalls of modern tech. We once took a few pictures and printed them all. Today we take many more pictures and print very few.
I learned the 'hard' lesson when a hard drive died about 3 years ago,
Now I archive My Documents and My Pictures on DVDs once per year ( my birthday ) and upload pics to Photobucket.com too.

A pc can crash at any given time,that is why it is so important to have a second harddrive for storage of valuable pictures/info.

There are many "crashes" that can happen to a PC. If your wife was trying to retrieve files then all may not be lost...yet. PM me with a description of what happened. If you can start the PC, I may be able to make some suggestions for a repair job.

Cheers, Eljay

sorry to hear snake. hope you manage to retrieve your data. losing photo keepsakes sucks bad. more reason to share your car **** on fabo \\:D/

There are many "crashes" that can happen to a PC. If your wife was trying to retrieve files then all may not be lost...yet. PM me with a description of what happened. If you can start the PC, I may be able to make some suggestions for a repair job.

Cheers, Eljay

X2

Being a student in the digital forensics field, data recovery is a major part of my day to day life. If I can help in any way I'd be glad to. When you say your computer crashed what do you mean exactly?

What a bummer our PC crashed yesterday,Cindy spent most of the day trying to retrieve all data.So far all 400 picsss of the resto on our Dart are lost+ all the kids, camping,parting.Not good.
I lost a bunch of pictures a couple years back Snake and came back here and recovered a few, know I have an old computer that still works with them on it, Creed down loaded a lot on to something called a stick, sorry to here this man, I hope you can get them back.

Don't know what crashed, if it was the mainboard, I have in the past found an identical mainboard and replaced it. It should boot back up as the hard drive will still recognize all of the components as it had never happened. Just an option. Google the part number on the board and see what comes up. Assuming it was the board.Good Luck!

I had a system crash with all of my things on it, I got my hands on a cd
with "OnTrack data recovery" software, and was able to recover 95% of my data/pics/music, it took almost 36 hrs to get it back, as the scan was more or less bit by bit of the disk.

Now I have multiple external drives that I make copies to, and a second internal disk that gets hooked up once a month, make an image of the system disk, boot the backup to verify it boots fine, then disconnect it and run off of hte original. This protects me from viruses /disk failures, and I can be back online in less than 2 minutes.

FF

Ok now on a very slowwwwwwwwww P.C. than my secondest daughter lent me,I got to have my P.C. fix ya know.Cindy tryed her best to fix the unit,its in the hands of a repair shop.Thanks for the offers to help but she is gone,hope to get it back this weekend:iconbigg:

That sux Snake,but I would think there would be someone out there who could retreive your lost data.As was mentioned earlier,an external harddrive to back everything up is a good idea and they are cheap,simple usb connection.

-
Back