pcv making idle rough?

-
Make sure the metering rods are down at idle.

I've had a few 600 CFM Edelbrocks, which tend to be pretty close out of the box. It seems I've heard the 750's tend to be set up rich and typically require more tuning to run right.

ok i got a can of carb cleaner and tried to find a leak and had no luck....which is good....but i sprayed it in the carb just a squirt and it sputtered and died that really doesnt sound right

Ok,
It soounds like the intake is sealed up.
Start with the basics, are the plug wires on correctly, it is easy to have 5 & 7 switched.
If you twist the distributor does it change how the motor sounds.
When you changed intakes, did you change carburators?

the plugs and wires are correct...have checked them 10 times if not more...i tried a little test to see if they were all firing...drip water on header after running it for 5 mins to see if they were hot and they all were...and yes i put a new carb on it as well. as far as the dizzy yes it changes the sound but have aligned it to where it sounds the best it idles rough and when i give it gas it runs rough then i let off the gas and it sputters and dies

Put a timing light on it!

That's one of the FIRST things you should do when getting an engine running

yeah i need to do that but ....lol how does that help what does that do im kinda learning as i go here so plz excuse my ignorance

Setting the timing helps the motor run properly. Set the timing, play with the idle. sometime back and forth. Get a tach on it so it gets the correct idle speed. Mike

i finally figured it out my ele choke was stuck...figures thanks for everyone helping me through this

-
Back