-
Status
Not open for further replies.

60jerry

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
These are from my '66 GT hardtop. New foam and Legendary covers. I drove the car with these seats for a couple thousand miles. I wanted seat bolsters and headrests so I used salvage yard seats and had them upholstered. The tracks are included with these seats. Tracks work just fine. I made my own track setup for my salvage seats. The seats have been sitting in the garage for about two years and have accumulated some dust. The hard backs could use some new paint, but not too bad as they are. I'm a bit too old to pack these for shipping, so local pick up is preferred. My firm price is $650. I am located in Denver, Colorado, 80224.

2017-02-28 07.15.19.jpg

2017-02-28 07.15.38.jpg

2017-02-28 07.16.03.jpg

2017-02-28 07.17.53.jpg

Oct2013 Dart 020.JPG

2017-02-28 07.16.36-1.jpg

I find it odd that nobody can use these seats I've put on this site. The seats are "bolt in and go". They feel just like the seats did when new. The new foam and upholstery make them new. The seats came from my rust-free Dart that I got from a very nice fellow who now has a second generation Barracuda. He needed more power than my car, slant six with 904. These seats have had a calm smooth life. My only reason for changing to later seats was that I wanted the side bolsters and headrests of later seats. There's nothing wrong with the '66 Dart seats. The tracks work just like original. If someone needs them shipped, I'll take them to a local UPS store and learn shipping charges. UPS will need to charge for packing. I'll pass that to you. I'm in my seventies and need to save my energy for project car that has a 360 Mopar engine. The car is a 1955 Studebaker. 360, 904, 8.25 combo. Need the bucks to get it on the road. Best thing to do for the Studie--Mopar running gear.

Jerry in Denver, Colorado.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi jerry can you get me a price on shipping to CA 90723
if it is a good price i will pay your price thanks peter
ps do you use paypal

hi jerry can you get me a price on shipping to CA 90723
if it is a good price i will pay your price thanks peter
ps do you use paypal
Good morning Peter, Morning here anyhow. I'll go to the shipping store on Tuesday for a shipping price. I'd go tomorrow but I'll be in the dentist's chair for a significant length of time--I don't look forward to that.

At this point I don't have a PayPal account, but I will see if I can set one up. I will be selling some Studebaker parts also and will need that account.

You will like these seats as they are properly padded and the covers are virtually new.

Thanks for the response.

Jerry

thank you for that
Hi Peter, I just went to UPS and discovered that packing and shipping each seat would cost $289.05--that's for EACH seat, almost six hundred dollars. Seems like a lot to me. I'll certainly ship them to you if you wish to pay for the shipping. I'll go out shortly and check another pack and ship place near our home to see if they can do better--by a lot.

Just back from the other pack and ship store. Ridiculous--$465 per seat. I'd stick with UPS. I think I could drive the seats to that zip code cheaper than shipping. Let me know what you think. I wouldn't blame you for dropping this idea.

Jerry

Last edited:
Hi Peter, I just went to UPS and discovered that packing and shipping each seat would cost $289.05--that's for EACH seat, almost six hundred dollars. Seems like a lot to me. I'll certainly ship them to you if you wish to pay for the shipping. I'll go out shortly and check another pack and ship place near our home to see if they can do better--by a lot.

Just back from the other pack and ship store. Ridiculous--$465 per seat. I'd stick with UPS. I think I could drive the seats to that zip code cheaper than shipping. Let me know what you think. I wouldn't blame you for dropping this idea.

Jerry
have u thot about taking the backs off and packing them in the smallest u can fit them into, and trying the post office ?

Jerry
have u thot about taking the backs off and packing them in the smallest u can fit them into, and trying the post office ?
i did give that some thought but the seats fold together so nice that the only gain would be in the over-all length of the package. Not much gain--three or four inches. A little of the height would go down, but the package would still be almost as big as just packing them in one piece. We car guys need a network of travelers that could transport parts for other car guys.

Jerry

Try your local Greyhound. they take a bit longer, but I had a Trunk lid and a front cowl complete with A pillars shipped to me that way. The trunk lid for a 66 dart cost 65.00@62lbs to ship 3 years ago. The cowl was last year at 75.00@90lbs. The shipping was slow took 2 1/2 weeks to get to me due to them being such a big item and it's shipped by space being available. They both came in undamaged and wayyyy cheaper than UPS or Fedex, USPS wouldn't touch them due to size. Package them well and the seats should be no problem since they are a lot smaller than the trunk lid.

I'd do each seat bottom separately and both seat tops together. with all hardware in the seat tracks package
I'd use 3/8 plywood "+1 to3 inches per side for safety "on the bottom and top with 1x2 runners to locate the seat tops (couple of layers of 2" eggcrate foam to stop the plywood from ruining the back panels) put holes in the bottom piece of plywood and mount your seats to that for stability. Wrap(a lot) in shrink wrap and done deal.

or you could do the same thing using 2 or 3 layers of box cardboard and make it lighter and wrap around the sides to protect the vinyl better.

Last edited:
Try your local Greyhound. they take a bit longer, but I had a Trunk lid and a front cowl complete with A pillars shipped to me that way. The trunk lid for a 66 dart cost 65.00@62lbs to ship 3 years ago. The cowl was last year at 75.00@90lbs. The shipping was slow took 2 1/2 weeks to get to me due to them being such a big item and it's shipped by space being available. They both came in undamaged and wayyyy cheaper than UPS or Fedex, USPS wouldn't touch them due to size. Package them well and the seats should be no problem since they are a lot smaller than the trunk lid.

I'd do each seat bottom separately and both seat tops together. with all hardware in the seat tracks package
I'd use 3/8 plywood "+1 to3 inches per side for safety "on the bottom and top with 1x2 runners to locate the seat tops (couple of layers of 2" eggcrate foam to stop the plywood from ruining the back panels) put holes in the bottom piece of plywood and mount your seats to that for stability. Wrap(a lot) in shrink wrap and done deal.

or you could do the same thing using 2 or 3 layers of box cardboard and make it lighter and wrap around the sides to protect the vinyl better.
I'll have to set aside some room to work in the garage and see what packaging I can come up with. Bubble wrap would be most important. Thanks for the ideas--didn't think much about the bus. Good idea

If there's a bicycle shop close I'm sure they could provide you with some nice size boxes to pack your seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back